1. Join Date
    Sep 2011

Applying mesh modifiers in Blender addon

Hi NOX devs! I'm using Blender 2.67; I really like NOX but one thing that prevents me from using it more regularly is the necessity to apply all mesh modifiers before rendering, including subdivision, which can make for a pretty heavy scene in the viewport.

I'm looking into the code to fix this, which isn't so difficult to understand, but one thing's got me a little stumped. The addon has to calculate the mesh size, but these functions add and subtract what seem to a user like arbitrary numbers. I mean, I'm sure they're absolutely necessary, but I can't read the exported NOX file to see exactly what's being written to the file.

If someone could help me understand some of the functions in export_nox_scene.py, I'd like to help get mesh modifiers working for export.
  2. Join Date
    Sep 2011

I actually went ahead and tried to wrap my head around this; I started working on it, and I've got mesh modifiers working.

Now, whether this worked correctly before or not, I don't know, I didn't do enough testing -- but in my edited exporter, dupliobject particle systems aren't exporting with the correct scale. This may have been due to the changes I made...
  3. Join Date
    May 2012

hi can you share how you got this working? i'm on 2.69 with the latest plugin and I still don't see the subsurfs rendered out.

thnx!

sven
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I just added possibility to render with modifiers without applying them. Check version 0.42.
    This still does not work with modified objects as particles.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff