Page 1 of 4 12 ... 4 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    123
    #1

    The Mosque (Cordoba)

    This is a Roman Catholic Cathedral originally built as a Mosque in Córdoba, Spain. A really beautiful place to visit with a lot of history.

    I did this images for the evermotion competition. I based my work on references from photographs and then after modeling everything I was trying to add more and more details to show all the beauty of the mosque in two images.

    I used 3d max 2010, vray, and photoshop. In this link you can see the "making of" http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/...cordoba-spain-

    Thanks for watching.
  2. barrlley
    #2

    nice work .
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    365
    #3

    Nice modeling work Luis, I also like the overall look of your images. In my opinion, the walls seem to have a lot of bump or noise on them and need to be smoother.

    Excellent work!
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,004
    #4

    Quote:
    Originally posted by: barrlley
    nice work .
    Barlley! this is realy you?
  5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    659
    #5

    i love Ur image its amazing the lighting is great, i think if want to make more and more realistic, the Arabic writing on the display boxes is not correct (only letters) so try to but a readable text and it will be perfect at least for those who speak Arabic.
    thanks man....
  6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    216
    #6

    i love mosques and that renderings are veryy niceee greaat work
  7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    58
    #7

    impresive! good work on the tutorial too...
  8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    116
    #8

    ye too bumpy. this probably makes first image looks flat : )
  9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,487
    #9

    Great work as already told you! Especially i love the second one. Congrats for Best of award!
  10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    212
    #10

    nice renders
    same questions goes for barrlly.. what the hell ?
  11. barrlley
    #11

    Quote:
    Originally posted by: 3Dmitri
    Barlley! this is realy you?
    Uh yes. I actually give people respect when its warranted.
  12. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    243
    #12

    nice render mate... it's really great.
  13. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,004
    #13

    Quote:
    Originally posted by: barrlley
    Uh yes. I actually give people respect when its warranted.
    strange you
    i dont like this work.
    bad mapping and materials in some places, noise on floor, gray leevs, simple integration of 2d, simple displesement maps, nothing spesial.
  14. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    239
    #14

    best evermotion?????
    mah......
  15. barrlley
    #15

    The mapping is fine. The noise on the floor looks to be done with purpose, not error, the 2d integration is actually quite well done, at least the lighting and color correction is accurate, unlike most attempts around here.

    Some of the bump could be turned down a bit, and perhaps the unsharp mask was a bit heavy handed, but the compositions and lighting are good, which can't be said for a lot of work around here. Based on the other work in the best of forum, its easily on par.

    It seems that you just want to fight with whatever I say, not matter positive or critical, so go ahead.
  16. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    102
    #16

    Absolutelly amazing, great architecture, modeling and materials. Also thank you for taking a time to do making of, it is verry helpfull.
  17. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,004
    #17

    Quote:
    Originally posted by: barrlley
    It seems that you just want to fight with whatever I say, not matter positive or critical, so go ahead.
    haha i dont care about you, i just say what realy think.
    finaly you find work that you like.
  18. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    239
    #18

    Quote:
    Originally posted by: barrlley
    The mapping is fine. The noise on the floor looks to be done with purpose, not error, the 2d integration is actually quite well done, at least the lighting and color correction is accurate, unlike most attempts around here.

    Some of the bump could be turned down a bit, and perhaps the unsharp mask was a bit heavy handed, but the compositions and lighting are good, which can't be said for a lot of work around here. Based on the other work in the best of forum, its easily on par.

    It seems that you just want to fight with whatever I say, not matter positive or critical, so go ahead.
    eh eh the mapping is fine....oh yes it is the same...always
    the light is flat...very flat
    the composition with the photographer is ridicule

  19. barrlley
    #19

    Most Islamic based textures are repeated. And why should the arches, which are modeled exactly the same, have a different texture.

    Thanks for the redlines by the way.
  20. barrlley
    #20

    [QUOTE=3Dmitri;310386]haha i dont care about you, i just say what realy think.
    finaly you find work that you like. [/QUO

    There's work here and there posted that I "like". But I never said I like it. I said, nice work.

    Obviously you do care about me, because you're making it an issue. Its nice to be thought of.

    Its also odd that all of a sudden you say what you really think, because it seems like until recently most people have kept their respective mouths shut. Anyways.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 4 12 ... 4 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff