1. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Camera Manager

Hi ..... I would like ask if anybody know any way how control more V-ray cameras in one time?
  2. Join Date
    Dec 2008

How do you mean? What would you like to control? The easiest thing would be instancing a vray camera. Then all the parameters are linked and changing one value, say "film gate", on one camera changes that value for all instances. I suppose you know that. If you like to control only one or two parameters, whilst the remaining parameters are unaffected, then I suggest using "wire parameters" function.
    If you do this often, alternatevley you can search for a script. I suppose someone wrote one.
    Best regards!
    P.S.
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/leles-vray-tools
    Found this on scriptspot.com. Haven't tried it, but the description says something about camera tools.
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Thanks for your reply. I know scriptspot but this script I didnīt find. ..... yes, my quastions was very short. ... I mean something as list with all cameras in one panel (exist lights list). When I want change parametr I must open properties in command panel and I canīt see setup other cameras.
  4. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Well, you have function like that built-in in Max - "Selection floater". I don't know if it's available in older versions (i'm using 2009). The only way to get it though, is to find it in "customize user interface" and assing a hotkey for it.
    After that you just press the hotkey and you have, as the name implies, a floating window with filters for geometry, cameras etc.
    As for the link between the cameras, as I said, easiest thing would be to instance an existing camera multiple times. That way you have a live link between all the paramters. And selecting is easy with the selection floater.
    If that doesn't suit you... I dunno, perhaps I dont understand your problem.
    Best regards.
  5. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Thank .... it reduce time in work. ... I leaved selection floater in 2009 but now I mean start it again use. Thank for your tip.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff