1. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Evermotion Challenge 2013 - Future Home Design - Jonathan Formento formrender

Hey guys!
    First of all I’d like to say sorry, guess I did the wrong thread for entry at the contest, just forgot to title the thread as Evermotion Challenge 2013 - Future Home Design, but it’s done now. Hope to not get in trouble, so let’s keep moving.
    Concept
    Although I do not know many stuff about sci-fi, futuristic stuff, space ships or anything like that.. I do believe in some great advanced devices, furniture and architecture in some future.

My concept about all of future design/architecture/engineering is “we will have most of the things we are dreaming and believing now but we will be locked on the present, or even past”. Indeed it sounds really dramatic and complicated, but I can tell you that even if you have your very dreamed flying car, you’ll still want those “old” simple things such as hang around on the park, read your book (physical one), go for a walk, ride a bike or even living between robots, machines I would say the human form.
    Lot of casual things will be blended into futuristic technologies, making life easier in few ways but not taking you to a flow life which you would not have to walk to go somewhere.
    Another thing I really believe and I wish I could live two hundred years more to see that is the fact of the materials evolution, I don’t know, something like indestructible metals, concretes, plastic or even magnetism technology which I’ve used on my scene, if you check the chairs for example.. the blocks do not touch themselves, they are just floating and balacing for own power.
    I know my concept sounds a little bit “strange stupid” and complicated, but I’ll try to express myself through my renders as good as possible.

Thank you all in advance, this is my first 3D contest and I hope to being add something good to someone and also finish it in time, haha.
    Cheers!
    Jonathan
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	498.7 KB 
ID:	110083

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	349.7 KB 
ID:	110084

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	274.9 KB 
ID:	110085

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	110086

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	110087

Last edited by formrender; 2013-10-21 at 07:04 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Apr 2013

W.i.p

Hey guys, how you doing?

This is another wip from my scene! Not really sure about the composition.. but let's keep moving, deadline is getting close!

C&C are always welcome, thanks fellas!

Jonathan Formento - formrender
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tests_evermotion_contest.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	616.3 KB 
ID:	110351

Last edited by formrender; 2013-10-20 at 03:27 AM.
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2013

wip wip wip!

Hey gentlemen,

It's been a hard working weekend but this contest and project it's really cool to work on,
    really nice how good is to let the imagination run out of the usual, haha.

Just another wip!

Thanks, Jonathan Formento - formrender
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wip.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	560.3 KB 
ID:	110371

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013

A view from the grass section, looking to the inside part would be very nice (in my view),
    what will you use for the lighting?

Alex.
  5. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Hey Alex, that is true.. looking at the whole thing now I think the same as you! But for now, I'll just use the interior concept!

The light was done with HDRI!

Here it comes, another preview from a close shot! Final images in few moments!
    Hope you all like it.

Jonathan Formento formrender
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	prev.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	110613

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013

Evermotion Challenge 2013 - Future Home Design - Jonathan Formento formrender

Hey guys,

I'd like to show you my final images, to those who has not read the concept, here it goes again..

Concept

"My concept about all the future design/architecture/engineering is “we will have most of the things we are dreaming and believing now but we will be locked on the present, or even past as our base”. Indeed it sounds really dramatic and complicated, but I can tell you that even if you have your very dreamed flying car, you’ll still want those “old” simple things such as hang around on the park, read your books (physical one), go for a walk, or ride a bike cause we will not want to leave or forget the human form, the original organic form of all of us, people needs to approach to other people.
    Lot of casual things will be blended into futuristic technologies, making life easier in few ways but not taking you to a flow life which you would not have to walk to go somewhere.
    Another thing I really believe and I wish I could live two hundred years more to see that is the fact of the materials evolution, I don’t know, something like indestructible metals, concretes, plastic or even magnetism technology which I’ve used on my scene, if you check the chairs for example.. the blocks do not touch themselves, they are just floating and balacing for own power.
    I know my concept sounds a little bit “strange stupid” and complicated, but I’ll try to express myself through my renders as good as possible."

Software

Autodesk 3D Studio Max
    Corona Render
    Adobe Photoshop

Models and Resources

Some models and structure I did myself, another models comes from:

- Evermotion
    - Model+Model
    - Viz-People
    - HDRI Peter Guthrie

This is my very first contest ever and I didn't know if I could enter here, lots of great artists around here..
    so I got a bit scared, but after two weeks or so working till late nights.. the only thing I could do is post my final images.

Hope you all like it, thanks Evermotion and thank you all fellas!

This is my personal FB page,

Jonathan Formento formrender - https://www.facebook.com/jonathanfelipe.formento

And this is my fanpage where I use to share a little bit of my work, feel free to join me.

https://www.facebook.com/formrender

Once again, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	evermotion_future_home_design_01.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	110660

Name:	evermotion_future_home_design_02.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	110662

Name:	evermotion_future_home_design_03.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	313.7 KB 
ID:	110663

You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff