1. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Single Pole House/ Tree house

ABOUT THE PROJECT

For the project I used AutoCAD (modelling), 3dsMAX (Modelling & rendering with MentalRay), Photoshop (Postproduction)

REASON/

Increasing population of present cities caused rapid decline in their attractiveness. Both, better road infrastructure and wide variety of public transport encourage us to move out to the more peaceful and quiet greenbelts. However, did we ever thought how it is possible that there always is a place for another new estate?

Sometimes we forget that deforestation is the only way to expand in a traditional way. Like a virus we are taking territories that do not belong to us. We want to be “close” to nature and in the same time we are the ones responsible for its devastation. This project is an example of the solution to this problem.

INSPIRATION/IDEAS/

The main inspiration for this project was a functionality and structure of a tree. Studyinging its nature, allowed me to come up with ideas and solutions to create a completely self-sufficient construction.

For most of the animals, trees are the best natural shelters against predators, moisture and weather. Coincidence? We must remember that in nature nothing is accidental. Everything has a reason and a purpose. It all balance out just like this project.

SOLUTION/

The aim was to design a structure that would not have any footprint on the nature. Fully functional interior was intended for two people and if needed, in special occasions could be extended up to four. In order to provide as much space as possible alternating threads stairs were implemented. This allowed fitting spacious interior into a compact and light form. Construction divides into 4 levels with a clear different functional program on each floor. This well equipped structure is a balance of comfortableness and practicality.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012

The idea

First of all I started by making precise model in AutoCAD together with construction which I wanted to show in different renders of this project. I also made some sketches and organize the interior space to make it as efficient as possible.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Secondly I started modeling details in 3dsMAX such as zink elevation and interior. I used furniture for interior from the companies that designed them. (for example Tom Dixon free liblary)

Scene set up:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012

and then FUN started!!

First of all clean render

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding background foto in PS and then starting wotk on details that are essencial for final picture

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding shadow for the top volumetric light (changing exposure level of the part of the picture)

and changing the interior color by adding yellowish mask (overlay layer and screen)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding realistic shadows and and reflection on the zink facade... a lot of layers with changed exposures level and color filters
    playing with the reflection to achieve old, natural surface

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding AO mask

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Very important step od adding realistic reflections. Using part of the background picture you have to manipulate its position and lightness. Then by making three different layers lith different transparency and layer type (lighten, screen, Color dodge) I addiasted them over the window

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding shadow with multiply layer of copied, transformed oryginal render

11. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding the spirit of the picture by playing with the backgoung light and how it affects the house

12. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding dirt to the render (multiply and Linear Burn layers)

13. Join Date
    Dec 2012

Adding extra plants into picture to make more interesting view (plants from free liblary: http://vyonyx.com/ )

14. Join Date
    Dec 2012

adding green mask over the render to make it "fit" with the colors on the background

15. Join Date
    Dec 2012

and just to remind the beginnings

You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff