1. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Capsule Homes

Hi all,

These are the first pics of my entry. Unfortunately didn't have time to start earlier but i hope i can finish it!

The idea was to create something between a utopia and dystopia. you know nothing is black-and-white - hehe.
    so some super technical hi-end stuff with human imperfection which makes it somehow a little disturbing (which makes it all a dystopia but whatever)

i think it's always and has always been an issue to create something that can work in real life just as it was designed. there's a lot of stuff in architectural history which seemed to be a good idea but i didn't work in the end. and i'd like to think that is in human nature. you can't build environment based on perfect sense and can't underestimate the power of subjective human feelings.

the japan metabolism is a huuuge influence on me. this inspired me a lot in the past few years and it came to surface again. it's a perfect match for my say.

sorry in advance for my very disgusting and low quality previews but i gotta be in a hurry and my computer isn't the best - to say the least. buuuut enough talk!

here's where i am now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	future_home_v2.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	567.9 KB 
ID:	110298

some wayfinding:

Name:	future_home_test_01.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	715.8 KB 
ID:	110301

i have tons of ideas for this image but i don't know if i have enough time to finish it till the deadline. we'll see!
    good luck for every entrant!
  2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

just an ugly draft - as you can see - but it shows the direction.
    so much to do but the deadline is almost here! let's hope the best!

wip:

Name:	future_home_v3.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	110450
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Hi all,
    It was an almost sleepless night but i could do almost everything what I wanted! I've learnt a lot from it!
    I hope you like it!

Here's my final entry:

Name:	future_home_final_csaba_banati.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	452.9 KB 
ID:	110884

used: 3dsmax, vray, photoshop, and the base of 2 archmodels object (furry duck and shoes) which I slightly modified.
    Last edited by boringmike; 2013-10-22 at 03:17 PM.
  4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I like it!
    A bit gloomy, but the quality is superb.
    Congratulations!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff