1. Join Date
    Nov 2012

Import Archmodels in Rhino

I want to import any archmodel into rhino with all his textures and maps without change the format .max. Is it possible?
  2. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Awner
    I want to import any archmodel into rhino with all his textures and maps without change the format .max. Is it possible?
    Me too. I wish someone would reply to this threaf
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2007

if you have archmodels in c4d format you can open them in cinema and by using "rhino io" export/import plugin you can export to rhino with all textures and coordinates.

http://www.rhino.io

i hope that helps
  4. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: mathiasweil
    you can open them in cinema

Hey there, thanks for the reply. What is cinema?
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2010

The Evermotion models that my firm bought are in .max format. Im still looking for the easiest workflow to do this. I have managed to open the files in a trial version of 3DS Max but theyre solid black with seemingly no textures and when I export them to obj or 3ds they do not have texture files.

Please help.
  6. Join Date
    Nov 2010

The reason why the models are solid black is most likely because they are set up for use with the Vray renderer. When you open your Evermotion model in 3ds Max you will need to reset the renderer to Mental Ray and manually reapply all the textures. Once you get the model looking the way it's supposed to look in Studio Max, export to .obj and import to Rhino. Once you have the model in Rhino, you will again have to reapply the textures. I don't know of any easier way to get from Max to Rhino.
  7. Join Date
    Aug 2016

I saw the rhino.io but thats for exporting from C4d to Rhino. Is there a way to import any of the models from Archmodels with textures into Rhino . Vray?

This would be great.

Thanks for anyones help.
  8. Join Date
    Nov 2016

You will need to reset the renderer to Mental Ray and manually reapply all the textures.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff