1. Join Date
    May 2012

Mechanical Life Competition - maixem

hi
    I'm going to an mechanical ADN. The core of the ADN will be filled witch mechanical stuff, maybe in a steampunk kind of way or maybe more modern.
    Good luck to every one!
  2. Join Date
    May 2012

Hi,
    I am making tests to learn how to use nox renderer and i got an issue. I model in blender 2.63 and after i export to nox.
    You can see in the image that the wood texture in the preview doesn't match the rended picture ( same thing for the stone texture). Any ideas to solve this issue?
  3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

please show the mapping settings ,

PS: looks like without mapping at all
  4. Join Date
    May 2012

hi,
    Are you talking about this settings?
  5. Join Date
    May 2012

i've try to run nox addon with blender 2.62 but it doesn't work inside blender, i still have to export my scene to now and then use nox. So here is a start a the modeling render un blender.I'm going to do a DNA in a steam-punk way:

Last edited by maixem; 2012-05-16 at 11:11 PM.
  6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

It's always nice to see Blender user in the contest! Good luck, maixem, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
  7. Join Date
    May 2012

hey!
    According to this post http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/...hlight=blender a new nox exporter will be realease soon, so I will do renders in blender until then.
    Anyways^^, here is an update :
  8. Join Date
    May 2012

Some materials tests :
  9. Join Date
    May 2012

Hi!
    I did some modelisation, and lightning tests, all comments are welcome ^^ :

Does anyone knows if the nox render export for blender 2.63 will be realease soon? Thx for answering.
  10. Join Date
    Oct 2009

nice, i love the dof of this one.
  11. Join Date
    May 2012

Thx, here is with an little mod update, the almost final render (before nox rendring and post prod ) :

But my worry is i can't participate to the competion because, i did'nt manage to use Nox with blender...
    I asked here ( http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/...hlight=blender) for a blender build and nox script that i can download so i can particpate to the challenge, i hope i'll get an answer in the next days.
  12. Join Date
    May 2012

So i tryed on the build r 47464, and nox render works fine with the basic scene of blender ( a just a cube and a camera), but when I hit the nox render button in my ADN scene i got the following error :

At the end of the console windows it seems that error is 'uv' related, any idea to solve this?
  13. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I think you may have old version of script.

For NOX 0.3.48 you could try this one:
    http://www.evermotion.org/files/noxR...r%202.63.5.zip

There is also NOX 0.3.49 with newer script including motion blur.
  14. Join Date
    May 2012

Thx for the quick answer!
    I tried your script on blender build r47464 and i got the following in the console :

The error is different from the previous one, but i still got one^^
  15. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Have no possibility to fix it now. Looks like some materials issue. Try to keep all geometry to have assigned materials.
  16. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I'm almost sure you made object (Cube.001 ?) with at least one material slot which was empty. I'll make a fix as soon as possible but for now fill all slots with materials - it should work.
  17. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I can see you are using 0.3.48 version. This script should fix that problem
    link
  18. Join Date
    May 2012

Hi! thx for helping.
    In fact in my scene i don't have cube.001 anymore because I renamed it.
    so i tried the script and i got the following :

As you can see the script still try to export cube.001 even if it was renamed.
  19. Join Date
    Jul 2007

You probably have changed name of object yet mesh name remained. Anyway I don't have access to evermotion server from home so fast instruction how to repair script:

In your Blender folder find file 2.63\scripts\addons\render_nox\export\export_nox_s cene.py and edit it as text... go to line 826, where should be

tris = face.vertices.__len__()-2

change "tris" to "ntris"
  20. Join Date
    May 2012

Cheers!! this works. But i won't have enought time to make a good render... too bad.
    Thx for your help anyways.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff