1. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Mechanical Life - Anton R.

Hello everyone,

Theme of this competition is one of my favorites, so I couldn't resist to take part in it. I'm not good at rendering, but I'll try my best with NOX.

I'm attaching a quick sketch of what I intend to achieve: a minimalistic, sculpture in the dark kind of result. The idea behind this is that if mechanical life emerged after the destruction of organic life, would it choose the remains of organic life (skeletons) as an inspiration for constructing it's own bodies..

Thank you, and good luck to all participants
  2. Join Date
    Apr 2012

This is my first wip. I made a sculpt of the back of the robot (without too much refinement) - I will use it as a base for final model.
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2011

Good start and nice concept. It is good to see fellow modoanut in action.
  4. Join Date
    Apr 2012

thanks, tomerk! I've already done some test renders in modo, just to see where it's going - do you think it would be improper to post them in this kind of competition?.. (I understand that the final image should be rendered in NOX)
  5. Join Date
    Apr 2011

I think it is Ok to post work renders here. We all would see the diferences between Nox-renderer and modo-renderer. I will try to compare material creations in both apps.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2012

ok, I hope I won't get kicked out of here
  7. Join Date
    Apr 2011

Cool redner, Very transformers like. I like it.
    Now You can test the same material settings in NOX.
  8. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Thanx) I'll start exploring NOX after I finish the whole model)
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Hello, been busy with other work. Uploading screens of my progress - I'm still alive)
  10. Join Date
    Apr 2012

Started modeling my biomech's head
  11. Join Date
    Apr 2011

Cool modeling plastmasive. Your model is looking good!
  12. Join Date
    Jan 2005

very cool! mechanical yet very "biological" and kinda bug like at the same time keep at it
  13. Join Date
    Apr 2012

I'm sorry to announce that unfortunately I won't be able to finish this in time. I'm done with the modeling, but I definitely should've left more time for learning nox and rendering. At least I now have a new model that I'm pretty satisfied with and will definitely give it a good render later. Thanks people for your encouraging comments and best of luck to you!! Thanks to evermotion team for providing such an inspiring and motivating competition. Until next time. Cheers!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff