1. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Material weight layer problems

I have a problem with material editor, weight textures are not working on render time. material preview seems to be ok, but when I'm rendering weight textures are ignored. Materials shipped with Nox have the same problem too...
  2. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I have tried a few settings and I can't get situation when render output is different to preview window results. What cross my mind is case when you change some of the settings,error appear which reset last settings then you render something new with old preview but ... as I said before there wasn't this kind of problem in my test. It's something wrong here

Maybe try to put the same weight map in first layer but inverted.

Tested with:
    3ds max 2012 SP3
    Nox 0.34.8
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Yes, I tried that way, weight maps ignored anyway
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

First of all, what kind of illumination do you use on scene that render bugged image?
  5. Join Date
    Jun 2006

2 simple planes with emissive material.
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

So it makes it even more weird. Illuminated by the same types of light.

Which NOX version do you use?

Could you share that scene part - with arm and light (in NOX format)? Pick 'save scene with textures' (4th button from right on top UI) and say 'no' when process asks you if save with current render buffer.

EDIT:
    Actually I found a bug just now. Weight texture is loaded to roughness channel. Check if this is the issue and you don't need to send scene if it resolves your problem.
    You can edit material in NOX itself (meaning outside of 3ds max) - simply unload on roughness and load on weight in NOX.
    Last edited by marchewa; 2012-05-23 at 10:52 AM.
  7. Join Date
    Jun 2006

yes, weight texture loads into roughness channel. I change it manually inside Nox, works properly. A bit uncomfortable, but at least working.
  8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Will be fixed with next update
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff