Page 1 of 4 12 ... 4 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Swiss Sound Box

Swiss Sound Box
    Swiss Pavilion Expo 2000
    Hanover, Germany

"We called the Swiss Pavilion for the 2000 Hanover Expo ''Klangkorper Scweiz''. Instead of showing theoretical or virtual information to promote Switzerland, our basic idea was to offer something concrete to Expo visitors, who would tired from studying all the messages in the other national pavilions: a welcoming place to rest, a place to just be, a place offering a tasty little something from Switzerland for thirsty or pecking visitors, and live music ''unplugged'', moving and changing throughout the space, a relaxed atmosphere as well as beautifully dressed attendants.
    The idea of creating Gesamtkunstwerk had fired our imagination. Dramatic music played by musicians moving around, culinary offers, fashion and key word about Switzerland written on the eams and with a light hand: all this was designed to merge with the architecture, a spatial structure of wooden beams.
    Taking the Expo theme of sustainability seriously, we constructed the pavilion out of 144 km of lumber with a cross section of 20x10cm, totalling 2800 cubic metres of Larch and Douglas pine from Swiss forests, assembled without glue, bolts or nails, only braced with steel cables, and with each beam being pressed down on the one below. After the closure of the Expo, the building was dismantled and the beams sold as seasoned timber."

Peter Zumthor

3ds Max 2012
    VRAY 2.02
    Photoshop + DOF Pro

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Its great.. congrats
  3. Join Date
    Feb 2012

great render, I like wood
    5 stars
  4. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Nice rendering.looks natural.
  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Nice work !
    --
    http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3642/feeds5.gif
  6. Join Date
    Feb 2012

is this sketchup? I hope to be as good at this as you one day

Nice work... Like the DOF
  8. Join Date
    Jul 2008

good renders, i like it
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2010

Blend or composite material for the "light" DOF render ? Wonderful images, congratulations !
    Roland
  10. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Nice one, very good idea.
  11. Join Date
    Feb 2012

nice one very good idea.
  12. Join Date
    Dec 2009

Absolutley fantastic renders.. Very realistic wood materials and of course great light material... and of course floor material... and I could write like this all day

Superb job
  13. Join Date
    May 2006

stupendous, awsome work!!!
  14. Join Date
    Nov 2009

wow i like ur render
    Can u share us materials of floor maps and settings

Congratulations !
    Excellent work on shaders and texture. Good choice to use blank/grey sky instead of the usual deep blue.
    I don't like the last render though, it does not match with the others, maybe too much bloom.
  16. Join Date
    May 2011

absolutely amazing, congratulations great job and very creative ..
    best regards
  17. Join Date
    Dec 2010

The "dirty" lamp close-up is insane. Best wishes and congrats
  18. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Is this sketchup? I hope to one day be as good as you sensei
  19. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Quote:
    Originally posted by: RolandB
    Blend or composite material for the "light" DOF render ? Wonderful images, congratulations !
    Roland
    Its just a plain vray material with diffuse, reflect, gloss and bump maps. Thanks for your kind words.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 4 12 ... 4 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff