1. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Reconstruct of Millan Cathedral

Hello Friends;

I am Mohammad Saatchi, Freelancer 3D Artist and Web Programmer. I'm writer of "Making Schwerin Theater" book. Sometimes I going to do some big self challenge. My past project was "Reconstruct Schwerin Theater" that done on 2007. Now after long time I want start my new project that's "3D Reconstruct of Milan Cathedral". In this project I will reconstruct that famous and beautiful building without using measure and texture. All will done by eyes and box!

I will work with 3ds max 2013.

You can follow the project in the facebook from here.
    Last edited by mohamad; 2012-12-19 at 08:20 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Nov 2005

hello friends. I coming back and start this project actually. First, main door will make:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005

no description...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Next one.... Please attend that for my limited time and size of the project, I need to ignore high details.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Wow!, this is a very ambitious project, good luck with it!
  6. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Its a personal project, it shouldn't have a time line; there's no sense in cutting corners now is there? You should take the time to detail it, who cares how long it takes.

Even if you skip details it will still take a very, very, very long time.
  7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Quote:
    Originally posted by: crearte
    Wow!, this is a very ambitious project, good luck with it!
    thanks...

Quote:
    Originally posted by: barrlley
    Its a personal project, it shouldn't have a time line; there's no sense in cutting corners now is there? You should take the time to detail it, who cares how long it takes.

Even if you skip details it will still take a very, very, very long time.
    For some reason, I need to finish it on that time. I hope do that anyway!
  8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Sorry for delay. I went to travel. Wait for updates.
  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

after some delay, There is new update:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005

you can follow the project in the facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/3D-Rec...87194748035770
  11. Join Date
    Nov 2005

the Status 4 and 5 are here:

12. Join Date
    Nov 2005

I will not try to make all of details (for control speed and polygons count) and also I try to increase my speed. For this, Each time I become more familiar with the project and then make some changes in my modeling way and details level.

Here is the status number 6:

13. Join Date
    Nov 2005

After amount one Week, I'm in the good way as I think and now, Know that how much work on details and how work on the models for better result and lower polygons. So now I will going to make heads. When I finish this part, I will work on material and make needed changes in the models. I'm so interest to see what will going. How about you?!
  14. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Oh, I must work on some high priority project for just 1 week. So wait and have a happy Christmas. I wish best year for you with peace and love.
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2006

How do you plan to work with the model of such size? Did you start the building itself?
  16. Join Date
    Nov 2005

@VladoMN: I have any plan! LOL!!!

Ok, I done the project and coming back to this project, so wait for updates in this week.
  17. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Very good start! I my opinion this level of details is perfect. With good materials you will be able to make quite big close ups and get real result! But as someone said... there is a loooooooot of work in this project...but will be watching you And would be nice to see one wires
  18. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Sorry for this long delay. I become too busy these days. JUst want tell you that my next book will publish on March 2013 and my first book may publish as printed book in America and Europe ( I just reviewing publishers offers).

Be patient like me!!!
  19. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Just for inform you, my second book will publish on March 17, 2013. read more information about title and cover design, from here:

http://www.msaatchi.com/news/?newsid=486
    OR
    http://www.facebook.com/mohammad.saatchi.77
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff