1. Join Date
    Oct 2004

3DS MAX and VRAY Best Stable Releases

Hi, which of this Versions of 3DS Max (2009, 2010, 2011) (both 32 and 64 versions) is the most stable and most importantly, with which available version of VRAY will work the best?

Additionaly, this topic could consider that this software will be used on a computer that is not top of the line, actually is a old one... (My system is 3 year old now), Operating system is WINDOWS XP PRO 32 bit and 64 bit.

I mainly want to know this because i am currently using 3ds Max 9 with Vray 1.5 RC5 and i desperately want to change to a newer version.

Thanks in advance, and your comment will be much appreciated.
  2. Join Date
    Oct 2004

I hope i can get some comments going. Thank you.
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2011

Quote:
    Originally posted by: unrinoceronte
    I hope i can get some comments going. Thank you.
    Its very hard to answer on your question, since 2009 max has a new core and the next and next version was more or less an update for this new core, but like everyone knows more updates means more bugs 2012 is eating RAM like hell, you can have here problem if you run only 4GB of RAM on your system, maybe 2009 will be enough. I had the chance only for V-Ray 1.5 nad never had problems, but you can access MentalRay in max 2009 (or higher) with which you can do the same renders like in V-Ray.

T
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff