1. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Having fun with NOX

Hello there,

Just 2 days ago i saw the NOX renderer so i decided to give it a try and i really like it.

I took a personal project of mine, which is not finalised, and took it into NOX. I forgot to turn on turbosmooth for some of the objects, but that's not really a big issue for me, i'm really impressed with the quality of NOX and the really powerful post-processing. No Post production at all, this is straight out of the render. Usually i do quite a bit of PS on renders, but i just liked this one a lot, exactly how it came out.

High Res link:
    http://florinmocanu.files.wordpress....ca_nox_v01.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

It's great... How did you make that funny fluorescent effect?
  3. Join Date
    Jun 2007

It's pretty simple. Have the glass be proper glass and inside model the liquid and give it an emission material, green funky and low power. with some glare/bloom works wonders
  4. Join Date
    Nov 2008

yeah!
    superCool, my favorite one!
  5. Join Date
    Jan 2004

lol fresh work congrats!
  6. Join Date
    Jun 2005

haha funny work.. like it! but..ooo.. why not smileying little scientist
  7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Because he is evil
  8. Join Date
    Jun 2007

And another render, with some more work on the model...

http://florinmocanu.files.wordpress....ca_nox_v02.jpg

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

And some more fun with NOX.

I'm building an enviroment/laboratory for the robot.

Btw, he is an adaptation of a robot from a popular romanian webepisode, Robotzii, with 2 robots, one intelectual and one crazy. This one is the intelectual, but his evil twin brother, bent on conquering the world :P.

I'll work on his enviroment and texturing, i'm going for a crazy scientist/steampunk atmosphere.
    That huge boiler will be a part of a steam engine powering his lab, he will have plenty of science equipment around etc...

The sparks are right now done separate, in max and composited because i want to have control over them, duplicate them, rotate etc...
    Except sparks, all is straight out of nox, i didn't bother doing post in PS because the post in NOX is really strong.

http://florinmocanu.files.wordpress....ca_nox_v03.jpg

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Looks great. Too bad that render times don't allow to be used in movie creation because there is a great potential in that render.
  11. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Well, this is 2350x1000px. and it's 3 hours render.

At 1280x545 with a bit more noise you would end up at less than 35-40 minutes per frame, which would be decently manageable. I'm rendering this on an Overclocked I7 920 (4Ghz) so i'm not using an outlandish system.
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2005

wow..nice! but he is not evil he is cute
  13. Join Date
    Jun 2007

neahhh... you won't find him that cuddly when he conquers the world )
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff