1. Join Date
    Mar 2004

requests

thanks for this free renderer.the gallery looks very impressive.it will be nice to set the no. of processors to be used,and also merge renders from different computers.

in gui i feel using "tick" mark instead of "x" is more communicative.-in resoln. setting using link(chain) symbol to show aspect(width,height) maintained is better.
  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

No of processors, can be added and probably will be some time later - by default it is set by the number of cores recognized by system.
    Merging from other machines - via saved files should be quite easy to make. Doing it by traditional master/slave net machines - it requires a lot of work. First way was already proposed by a colleague from Evermotion and probably will be developed.
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2004

thanks for the quick reply.any workaound for the above possible? -can no. processor set in task manager.(use single ),merging files - rendering to slightly different resolutions and adding the resultant images(-forcing different random seed for mlt)-if hdr/exr output available?
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I just checked workaround. You can change affinity in Task Manager, however number of threads is not changed. Simply there is more threads in one core. Not so optimal, but temporarily can work.

Exr output is already available, however without post-process. Meaning pure buffer.

Merging files with different resolutions - I don't think that would be a great idea. Another scaling filter problems might appear.
  5. Join Date
    Mar 2004

"Merging files with different resolutions - I don't think that would be a great idea. Another scaling filter problems might appear."

no need to scale.using blender nodes exr files can be added,offset ,cropped etc(like in image editor).so add a image of say 640x480 and 650x480 and crop the unwanted.this will work if the two renders differ in illumination(mlt seed).i don't know the technical side,but this workaround was suggested for kerkythea.(which lacks merge function).
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Cropped solution might work.

However that you mentioned about GI. There might be potential problems. Image added cannot have lower resolution than base one because GI buffer has to be evenly distributed. You'd have darker areas on borders that were out of added image. The same problem forced me to change regions to work only on direct illumination buffer alone.
  7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

thanks for the info.i will test this method.
  8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Added to the todo list. It will be considered when the decision concerning plans will be created
  9. Join Date
    Mar 2004

thanks for the fast response!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff