1. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Exterior render of Lotus Temple, New Delhi.

Hi everyone I am making the Lotus Temple in New Delhi as my subject cause I really find the place inspirational and peaceful! I know its really late but judging that i am free from work for a week i can give in time.
    Good luck all of you!!
  2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

First things first! Started off with the base with a zillion steps. Still on it. To save time will be modelling only the steps visible from the camera angle but that now has made me to fix my camera angle at the very firsst which i am not very happy with.
  3. Join Date
    Jul 2007

As all ways google maps was my big saviour as i wasnt getting any firm plans. So had to use the arial view in gmaps and rest i was dependent on images!!
  4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Wip 3
    Finally up with the difficult task. Used Rhino and imported to sketchup for compilation of the whole thing. Will have the whole temple finally setup by tonight hopefully and then to max for lighting,texturing & rendering!! Hope i will finish it up in time!
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Finally compiled it and set my view angles too! Texturing and lighting time! Go, go, go!! Any suggestion from anyone is absolutely welcome! Good luck every1!
  6. Join Date
    May 2010

4 days left, hope you're gonna make it, good luck
  7. Join Date
    Jul 2007

@ nguyenthanhtung- Thnx! Ya even i hope i will be able to finish it off!

I started off with the lighting already. I am ok with the results! Dont have much time so can be spending too much time on lighting. I have the the whole texturing left! I just hope everything falls into place!

Last edited by amritbanerjee; 2011-05-19 at 01:59 AM.
  8. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Looking good, man. You really stepped up your modeling. Did you really need to model it all? Sometimes it makes your life easier to decide first of all the point of view. I really hope you finish it on time. Good luck.
  9. Join Date
    Dec 2009

hey amrit....good work yar....
  10. Join Date
    Jul 2007

@ cataco-Thank you so much! I really wanted to model the whole thing cause i would have liked an aerial shot. But time was such a big constraint considering I just started working 3 days back. I had to skip all the modelling that wasn't visible like all those stairs that are behind and windows and stuff that run behind!
    @ nitin_pawar. Thnx bhai! I really am looking forward to see the texturing of your model! Good Luck dud!!
  11. Join Date
    Jul 2007

I am still goin late! yesterday was gulped up modelling the mile long railings running all around the temple. But i am pretty happy with what it looks like. Started off with the texturing part by part. I hope i can pull this off.

You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff