Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004

City of sciences - exterior

Hello everybody,

I'll make exterior view of City of sciences. I have a hope that I'll have time for modeling of Principe Felipe Science Museum, Hemisferic and Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia.
    Few shots:

Last edited by KaeMS; 2011-05-19 at 01:26 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Great scene lots of polys though.Good luck!
  3. Join Date
    Nov 2004

I've just begun a modeling. There still a bit of details in Principe Felipe Science Museum a lot of things to do in Hemisferic and all the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia.
    Here is a link for render (it's quite big for better view) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/city.jpg

Edit:
    Hemisferic is almost completed:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/hemisferic.jpg
    Last edited by KaeMS; 2011-04-22 at 03:37 PM.
  4. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Hemisferic is almost ready, I've made part of Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia. There are still a lot of details to do and mistakes to remodel

High res version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/3_buildings.jpg .
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Looking very good so far, modeling is spot on and the test renders with AO are looking great.
  6. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Thanks, in everyday of modeling I see more and more to do. I have a hope that I will be able to finish it in time. I know that I will not win this competition but if it will be finished it will be great thing for me.

Sorry for my english (I'm tired a bit after all the day in).
  7. Join Date
    Nov 2004

I've begun texturing and shading. There are also a lot of details to do, some architecture to remodel. I think about opening of sides at Hemisferic - there will be a lot of peoples like during a party or exhibition. In that cases sides can be opened and it looks much more interesting than with closed.
    As usually I render it also in high res (I don't know if there is another way to check some details and render is very quick now - only 500k poly):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/full_size.jpg
  8. Join Date
    Apr 2005

man this really awesome and very realistic modeling scale , how did u do the modeling is it only from the pictures or u got some dwg or what ? wish u all the best
  9. Join Date
    Nov 2004

In the begining very usefull were sketchup models from google earth. In this way I ws able to catch a scale but there were a lot of mistakes - it's really very simple model. When I had a startup model I made one small part of science museum which I copied and weld together. Hemisferic is really easy to model - top view from google earth (photos) and every other dimension from photos (some test, few tries). In the case of Palau de les arts I used in the begining of modeling sketchup model for scale, splines and some poly modeling. In this moment I know that it was mistake - I should model it in Rhinoceros from begins and photos as reference. If You look at google earth You will see hundreds of reference photos for all city of science (I've made only small part of those).
    I didn't use sketchup model in visualization but only as reference for modeling.
  10. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Great modeling! This is going to be great!
  11. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Little update. I thought that this part of image is ready for final render but after render I've seen that there are few more details which have to be done.
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2004

nice progress, maybe you should try to render it with sunset lighting ?
  13. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Yeah, I'm looking for good HDRI map and proper color of sun.
    Nie chce mi się kalaczyć a to już 16 godzina przy kompie dzisiaj- nie wiem jeszcze czy finalnie będę to rendził w vrayu, więc na razie bardziej skupiam się na modelowaniu i ewentualnym doborze tekstur. W razie "w" ostatni tydzień poświęcę oświetleniu i jakiemuś tam postpro.
  14. Join Date
    Feb 2011

its a huge render for me. what machine configuration u used??
    and how much time u take to render each frame?? working on pass render or single render??

Thanks
    Keep it up!!!
  15. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Thanks for a good words Maxmit. Hardware in this moment is just old core2quad with 12gb ram. I using something about 4-6gb for render so it's could be also 8gb of ram memory so I can work with another projects in the same time with the same machine. There are only 500k poly + few proxy. Render time in full resolution (something about 4.5k pix) it's something about 4h (last shown images are only small part of final render). In this moment I using v-ray but I don't really know if it will be changed in last week of work.

EDIT:
    I'm sorry I've give You old poly count. Now it's 1,8mln poly.
    Last edited by KaeMS; 2011-05-06 at 10:01 AM.
  16. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Holy Thor lol,incredible work,looks nice,looking forward to see with a stunning post-production! ^^
  17. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Thx Arkaiko - I'm just doing my best and I have really good fun with this. I'm playing with this from start of this competition and I feel juts like in the time of kiting - it mean: happy like a child, crazy feel that I'm doing something "great" (however I makes visualizations everyday), including this that I completely don't feel a time spent on it. I've begun fight with sunset lighting and texturing of biggest building. Unfortunately post-production is my weakest side - it will be just simple play with curves, nothing more (and nothing stunning).
  18. Join Date
    Jun 2004

You have absolutely right KaeMS This competition is great escape from everyday visualizations works. I feel like a child in a confectionery Good luck!
  19. Join Date
    Nov 2004

I had seriously problem with my hard drive and I've lost big part of my work. After few days of work I still don't have all models and there are still a lot of mistakes with uv mapping.
    I really need to know what You think about this so every comment are welcome.

As usually full resolution:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/rend_fr.jpg (after small touch of ps)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2084936/ren_pure.jpg (pure render)
  20. Join Date
    Jun 2004

uuuuuuuuuu...it's better! Excellent progress, better light and views. Remember backup your files on another hd or another computer... I like first and second image.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff