Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Exterior render Comp

I'm looking forward to this - I have been wanting to do a Zen garden for a while now and this seems like a great oppurtunity.

I'm going to use this great house by Kotaro Ide as reference and add a Zen garden somewhere in there. Should be fun.

Goodluck!

Final Renders attached
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-23 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Added final entry
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

I love zen gardens good luck.
  3. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Me too!

Here are some quick previews of the early stages of the model. I have changed quite a bit of how the architecture works but still following the same priciples.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:32 AM.
  4. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Just another update - I keep moving my focus to keep things moving along.

I have added to the model - decking and really just adding detail to existing mesh.

I have started the zen garden. I used Zbrush to sculpt the sand around the rocks. I have also started working on the rocks - this is proving to be quite difficult and I have managed to create an incredibly complex material I now find difficult to get around.

I have been playing around with growfx from Exlevel to create some trees for the background and for one in the courtyard like the reference. I'm finding growfx to be a slow process but it is a powerful plugin that can generate some awesome looking trees!
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:33 AM.
  5. Join Date
    May 2010

Oh, awesome tree. Good luck man!
  6. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Another quick update - a few things here and there

I have started on the materials of the building and started putting in the forest. I am using Itoo softwares forest pack to do this - another powerful plugin. I just needed to check if I had enough memory for all those trees. Everything seems to be fine so far.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:33 AM.
  7. Join Date
    Apr 2005

so beautiful concept to work with , this design is very cooool , but doing it in a 3D is much more fun , cant wait to see more updates , good luck
  8. Join Date
    Sep 2005

A couple of updates.

I have added some more trees to the forest and have been playing with the general colours of the leaves. Still not happy with them yet but getting there. These are raw renders and they will change substantially with some post!

I have added the main joinery and started work on the surrounding ground and updated foliage colour and materials

I was unhappy with the rocks so I did a bit of work on them in ZBrush. I also rebuilt the material. I was trying a complex procedural material which wasn't really going anywhere so I reverted to using good old texture maps.

Scene with updated rocks and a litlle more work on the grass added.

I am trying to find some alternate views so I should post those soon.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:35 AM.
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2005

very nice and yes you should work more on randomizing these leaves color , perhaps more old and less young , but am really feeling the realism from now in ur work , good luck
  10. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Another update

I have decided to change the rigid square format for the Zen garden to a more natural setting. I felt that the square format didn't quite fit with the curved design of the architecture. I have also tied up the area to the left adjacent the water (fence added). I have also changed the joinery to black to get a more modernist feel to the architecture.

I am currently working on some furniture for the deck and interior - It will most likely be a mixture of some premade models (done in our office) and some new ones specifically for this project.

I have already started on this great sofa by Patricia Urquiola and a Japanese sand rake see below.

I'm still working on some alternate views which I will hope to post in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:36 AM.
  11. Join Date
    Jun 2004

nice renders! you have good eye for details.
  12. Join Date
    Apr 2009

great work...
    waiting for next wip
  13. Join Date
    Apr 2009

great work...
    waiting for next wip
  14. Join Date
    Sep 2005

I have finally had a play around with some other camera views and started to work on a dusk render of the main shot - Once again I think these will get considerably better with some post work. I still need to deal with the interior and few bits and pieces here and there but I feel like I am on the home straight.

I will probably use DOF for the image with the fence in the foreground.

I have played around a bit with the images in Photoshop to beef them up. Heres a crop from one of the shots. I really like these chairs - I have no idea who designed them? They were modelled in our office from just two low res reference photos found on the net. I just added the stump table to reference the forest - I used Zbrush to sculpt it, Its about 110,000 polys and I may add some more detail if I have time.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:38 AM.
  15. Join Date
    Apr 2005

as ia saied its realy beautiful , i cant wait to see more of ur development , but still i think the trees are a little bit boring of their perfect greenery i think u should give more attention to the trees and randomize their color more so u can get a better effect on the building .

wish u all the best
  16. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Another update

Thank you for all comments!

sheqo2500: Thanks for your comments - I agree somewhat, I have since added colour variation to the trees and a very subtle colour variation to the leaves. I feel if you add too much then it starts to have a reverse effect. We'll see. I will post these renders soon. I may have a couple of days off so I can come back with fresh eyes.

This view is pretty close to being done. Attached without & with post: PS & AE and a crop.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2011-05-20 at 04:40 AM.
  17. Join Date
    May 2007

hi great wip ur doing great just one small observation, ur wood looks some wat flat, those small wooden post could use some work and also the wooden deck llooks a bit flat aswell.
    great work overall
  18. Join Date
    Apr 2005

great updates ur close very close to the realistic result , by the way can u tell me which way did u use with the building modeling is it the spline with poly modifiers or with Nurbs ??
  19. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Thanks - the cylyndrical volumes were created with some extruded ellipses and then derformed with a FFD box modifier.
  20. Join Date
    Oct 2010

excellent work, the architecture of this house is spectacular.
    rendering is a fitting tribute
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff