Page 3 of 3 1 ... 23
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Cool entry B. I really like it. Noise is just right for my taste. Goodluck!
  2. Join Date
    Dec 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Bertrandb
    I quite liked the noise initially, but maybe it's a bit too much, especially when seen at high resolution. I do find noise harder to get rid of in recent versions of Vray. I have complex scenes I could render noise-free in a reasonable time in 1.5 but I can't get them clean any more in 2.0 unless I'm ready to let them render for two days.
    I'll see if I can get a cleaner version of the images in time for the end of the challenge.
    Is there anything else one needs to do when filing the final images? I could not see any specific directions on the competition's home page.
    Amazing images Bertrand, specially the lighting. Loved the animation, hope to see more of those from you!

About the noise issue, I too think it's a bit too much I'm afraid. If you do find a way to get rid of the noise with VRay 2.0, please let us know, including your render times. I still work with 1.5, and I'm very interested in hearing about VRay 2 new quirks.

Jacinto made a good point about using the environment variable VRAY_OLD_SAMPLING (it's in the manual as I'm sure you know, adaptive DMC image sampler's new behavior).

By the way, VRay 2 SP1 is supposed to solve the following issue, as stated in the "bug fixes" list by Vlado:
    * Noise with "Clamp output" option enabled produced noisy renders.

Anyways, congrats Bertrand, and thank you for sharing your work with us, it's simply impossible not to learn and get inspired from you.
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Hello Bertrand, just want to tell you that you are an inspiration for all of us, still have to learn a lot from you. Good luck and amazing work as always.
  4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I've rerendered the first image with higher settings. Although the render time was nearly double, the reduction in noise is pretty small. Indeed, there even seems to be more noise in some places (and less in others). Irradiance map is not really an option here because of the many tiny details, which are nearly impossible to get clean even with very high light cache and IR settings.

Anyway, I'll post this image here before the end of the competition.

By the way, I tried with the environment variable and saw no improvement. But I never clamp my renders so that may be the reason.
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

it's quiet impressive , actually it looks hyperrealistic....great texture and I like the touch of lite on the walls...it's perfect
  6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Bertrandb
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

I've rerendered the first image with higher settings. Although the render time was nearly double, the reduction in noise is pretty small. Indeed, there even seems to be more noise in some places (and less in others). Irradiance map is not really an option here because of the many tiny details, which are nearly impossible to get clean even with very high light cache and IR settings.

Anyway, I'll post this image here before the end of the competition.

By the way, I tried with the environment variable and saw no improvement. But I never clamp my renders so that may be the reason.
    about the grain , i think it is fine , because in real photography when you use a high ISO negative ( the higher sensitivity of the film) makes your image grainy. Digital cameras also simulate the same behavior , therefore i think vray camera also tries to simulate this behavior of negatives which happens because of the chemistry of the film. If you use vray camera , you can try to reduce the grain by making the ISO to about 50 or 100 and then close the diaphragm or increase the shutter speed.

I hope this will help , by the way I like the pictures very much.
    Last edited by inkimiaei; 2011-05-23 at 10:43 PM.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 3 of 3 1 ... 23
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff