Page 2 of 3 1 123 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks guys, I'm working on the finals now. Also putting together a little animation as a small bonus.
  2. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Bertrandb excellent workflow!

I'm a big fan of your work ... I very much hope the final result!

Greetings!
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2011

I am a big fan of his work, always use them as inspiration. Good luck dude.

hugs
  4. Join Date
    May 2011

also a big fan! Love your work!
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Final Images

Finally managed to finish the three renders and the short animation I was planning to accompany them.

Here is the animation:

[vimeo]23706755[/vimeo]

Here are the stills:
    Last edited by Bertrandb; 2011-05-14 at 12:08 PM.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2011

amaaaazing
    very impressive!!
  7. Join Date
    Apr 2011

amazing......excelent
  8. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Nice images bertrand... good work on materials, but the second camera seems to me too outstretched.

cheers
  9. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Another amazing work!!! Congrats!!
  10. Join Date
    May 2011

Beautifully rendered, Bertrand!

P.S. I also like the subtle vibrations on moving cameras =) Once more, nicely executed!

glimpse
  11. Join Date
    Sep 2010

Absolutley stunning !!

How did you create the god rays in the first shot during compositing or in max if you don't mind me asking ? Im new to all this and any pointers would really be appreciated.

Oliver
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2006

beautiful shots, really impressive. Maybe a bit noisy(is that caused by the DMC sampler?) If you are done dont forget to put the blank info line! Best regards
  13. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Impressive
    Like the stills and also the animaion. Camera shake is realy nice effect. You are my man. Wish you luck. Keep the level as that high
  14. Join Date
    Jan 2009

stunning work with the animation!!!
  15. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Agreed. The animation looks great. Many congratulations BBB. Another beautiful work.

I dont know your vray situation, but about Steve Cole post, if you using vray 2.0, did you add in the enviroment system variables (windows) the line Vray old_sampling = 1, like Vlado mentioned recently in chaosgroup to avoid the noise 2.0 new sampling?

I dont know if the latest update after 2.0 already fixed the noise issue, but that was a huge headache for a lot of people including me.

Cheers.
  16. Join Date
    Jun 2004

Excellent work! very, very nice animation and renders.
  17. Join Date
    May 2010

Nice

I just saw the renders and the video, very nice, it look that you have again improve your skills since the wassily's chair video. Camera noise look very natural too. Congrats!
  18. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I quite liked the noise initially, but maybe it's a bit too much, especially when seen at high resolution. I do find noise harder to get rid of in recent versions of Vray. I have complex scenes I could render noise-free in a reasonable time in 1.5 but I can't get them clean any more in 2.0 unless I'm ready to let them render for two days.
    I'll see if I can get a cleaner version of the images in time for the end of the challenge.
    Is there anything else one needs to do when filing the final images? I could not see any specific directions on the competition's home page.
  19. Join Date
    May 2011

ghm..

don't really understant why You're stressed out 'bout that noise. It's not 'out of the roof'.

anyway, treating it rather like a tool and not like an somekind of enemy in the end would give much more realism than plain noiseless render.

A lot of realworld photographers do fight with that, but what they lack in their 'clean' photos are the feelings..

in the the opposite end there's a Leica comunity, that has one of the best stuff (fastest lenses in the market, that even in low light they don't have to compromise compensating exposure the with ISO) in their hands to produce noiseless images, but the majority of them simply doesn't really care..WHY?, 'cause it's not important..

The most important aspect of Your work is that You can capture the moment, frame the feelings inside Your renders. Don't really see the point getting rid of harmless noise (but that ofcourse is only my subjective personal oppinion =)

glimpse
  20. Join Date
    May 2007

Thats really awesome entry for sure,

I adore the animation very much
    The shots are great i just felt also maybe bit less noisy would be even greater.

Did u used brute force (maybe it takes much time to clean the noise) maybe irradiance map would be faster and less noisy?
    i am not really sure?
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 2 of 3 1 123 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff