Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Rules & Guidelines

Welcome to the Evermotion competition 2011 Exterior section.

Rules:

RULES:
    1. The competition begins on 11th April 2011 and will run till 23th of May 2011 GMT +1.
    2. The subject of this competition is creation of EXTERIOR visualization.
    3. This time we don't suggest any theme choices. We have only one condition - the visualization must be REALISTIC.
    4. You are encouraged to post on the CHALLENGES forum as many WIP images as you can. The minimum requirement is to submit an image for each of these milestones – Concept Sketch or reference photo, Modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering Post Effects and Composting, Final
    Image..
    5. Enter the Challenge by registering yourself on Evermotion forum.
    6. Post your wips by making a new thread in CHALANGES, EVERMOTION competitions section: Competition section on Evermotion forum.
    7. You can use every 3D software you want, post processing inside Photoshop or other 2D software are allowed. We require information about software you used.
    8. Multiple entries are not allowed but you can post up to three different camera angles for one scene (closeups for example).
    9. The work you submit to this Challenge must be your own personal work, groups and companies are not allowed.
    10. Hosting WIP images on other servers than evermotion is not allowed.
    11. Hosting final entries on other servers then evermotion is allowed.
    12. Using of premade models is allowed.
    13. Using licensed models and textures is allowed but you must credit everything you use.
    14. Submit your final entry before the close of the challenge (to avoid the last-minute rush - get your entry in early).
    15. Final submission resolution should be not lower then 1200px in the longest edge.
    16. Final submission should have attached a blank info line:

17 3 winners of each category will be chosen by the Judge team. You can find Judges' names below.
    18 Final images submitted after 23th of May 2011 will not participate in the judging stage.
    19 To be qualified WIP (Work In Progress) images must have been submitted during the Challenge.
    20 Employees of sponsors cannot enter this challenge.
    21 Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
    22 You must not publish the work during the Challenge outside the dedicated forum, you can link to it if you like.
    23 The sponsors of this Challenge may use short-listed and winning artwork for any marketing purposes.
    24 The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
    25 Artists may use the images created for personal promotion.
    26. The winner will be required to write a "making-of" tutorial within 1 month.

Judges:
    KRZYSZTOF M. KUNDZICZ – Evermotion founder and owner

ADAM KOZLOWSKI - Evermotion Owner

KUBA DABROWSKI - Evermotion Cg artist

HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

For questions/problems please contact marta@evermotion.org
  2. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I have only a one small question looking back at last competition ...

What exactly mean "till 23th of May 2011 GMT +1" ?
    With 23 day of May or without ?
    Recently (Aandres comp. ) there were some problems with understanding.
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2007

23 th of may till 0:00 gmt +1...so with 23 of may.
  4. Join Date
    Jun 2007

hi,
    first of all, NICE competition, no main theme or something, that's fun and not easy at the same time, pretty complicated have to say
    and i have one question for starters...
    does ALL objects in visualisation (i mean exterior viz) needs to be composet of modeled/remodeled objects, or may it be created 50% in 3d packege and 50% in post work? And does it needs to be axact copy of my choosed reference or creation of some additional objects is allowed? Thanks for answering...

Again, nice competition!
  5. Join Date
    Mar 2007

no you do not need to exact match the reference photo - just use it as a guide, but if you want to make an exact copy you can do it, so it is up to you

Regarding the use of premade 3D models, you can use it as many as you want, there is no restriction.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2011

hey guys

i have posted a new thread under baroque title a while ago and for some reason it still haven't show in the list. if i am breaking any rule can someone please tell me which so i can adjust my entry .
    Thank you
  7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
  8. Join Date
    Oct 2010

plz help me

i dont know how can i post my work here for this competation can u tell me
  9. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Hi hishamsaad2 - first of all please read all the rules

6. Post your wips by making a new thread in CHALANGES, EVERMOTION competitions section: Competition section on Evermotion forum.
  10. Join Date
    May 2011

hi I'm novice here,i posted a new thread in exterior section but not able to see that plz help!
  11. Join Date
    Mar 2007

It's alredy online..............
  12. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Hello, Evermotion.
    Is it allowed to submit two images of the scene under different lighting and atmospheric conditions?; I mean, it is the exact same model and textures from the exact same camera angle, only at night instead of at dusk. Does it break the competition rules to submit both?
    Regards
  13. Join Date
    May 2011

Question

Hi, I was wondering if one was allowed to create a scene out of one's mind, only very loosely based on reference photos, also if it was allowed to enter both sections of the competition.

Thanks
  14. Join Date
    Mar 2007

cataco - yes it is allowed

upQuark - Yes for both
  15. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Hi

Someone has informed me in my thread I may be breaking the rules.
    I may have misinterpreted rules 10 & 11. I have been using imageshack and photobucket to put my images in my thread.

Do I need to remove these and use the file attachment function?
  16. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Yes, please remove them from imageshack and use only forum attachment.
  17. Join Date
    Nov 2004

How are we to submit these? Do we just put the final image in our WIP thread or do we create a final thread as well?
  18. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Edi_W
    23 th of may till 0:00 gmt +1...so with 23 of may.
    Just to be clear, does this mean that entries have to be submitted before the end of Monday 23 (rather than the end of today - the 22nd)?
  19. Join Date
    Jun 2006

I hope yes, because I'm still rendering my last shot. other two is done but I would like to upload once.
  20. Join Date
    Mar 2007

The deadline is tomorrow 23 of may at 0:00 gmt +1 ...I hope this time it is clear enough
    VelvetElvis - just put the final image in your wip thread.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff