1. Join Date
    Sep 2005

AAndres Rendering Competiton

Hi All

Late starting I know - I will give it my best in the time that is left.

I'm not quite sure what the shelving units will be displaying at this time. I am leaning towards a commercial showroom of sorts. The space I have constructed so far is for a multi storeyed building I've had kicking around in my head for a while. I thought this would be a great oppurtunity to get into it.

I will place the latest render I post in this thread
    Last edited by the_eye; 2010-07-30 at 12:05 AM.
  2. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Second WIP

I have decided to make the space a high end furniture showroom. I will use the Frank pro system to hold vases, glassware etc. to compliment the furniture. Seems fitting to have high end shelving with high end furniture.
  3. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip 03

Added a bit more detail to the image as a whole and starting to work what materials I will use in the space.

The yellow pod will be clad in steel with a gloss finish, the floor will most likely be some sort of concrete - maybe with exposed agg.
  4. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip 04

Just another minor update - Still trying to get some of the materials right. Looks much the same as the last but there are changes if you look closely!
  5. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip05

Some close up renders to show some of the detail - just trying to find a better composition.
  6. Join Date
    May 2010

Interesting set-up, nice contrast with the yellow cube. Please remember to fill the holes with blind screws
  7. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip 09

I have started to model the objects for the shelves and the other furniture in the scene. I am still unsure of the angle I will choose for my final image.
  8. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip 10

I have decided to take a different approach to my image. I am going to set up the scene like the showroom is not yet open and is in the process of being stocked.
  9. Join Date
    May 2010

Ok, then maybe you have a few shelves not yet put into the construction.
  10. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Ok I was going to ask - Can we not omit shelves in this design?

I will add them back
  11. Join Date
    May 2010

If you do "construction" you may put in the cross bars and leave the space open for the shelf to be put in later, I do not see a problem with that, it just must be clear from the set-up you do.
  12. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Wip 011

Hi

I have re worked some of the materials - Render is pre post. I'm still not happy with some things. The vases on the shelfs need to be moves as they are too large. I am working on some more models to add to the scene.
  13. Join Date
    May 2010

Instead of changing the vases (which I kinda like), why don't you just take the cross bars out every second unit at that section, that would also keep the rhythm? Lemons need structure and aging and size differentiation, they look like plastic lemons.
    Last edited by aandres; 2010-07-22 at 08:37 AM.
  14. Join Date
    May 2010

BTW, I always liked the angle where you could see the round shape of the yellow "submarine" housing a bit more, I think it was jpg 004.
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2007

looking good, i like the camera shuts that you made. goodluck !
  16. Join Date
    Sep 2005

@galaites07 - Thanks - It has been difficult for me to find great angles.

@aandres - I am going to stick with this view now as i have put so much effprt into it and time is running out. However, I will do a couple of other angle from the other side of the table so hopefully I can can still capture the round corner on the yellow element.

I have added some more detail to the overall image and I have now spent a ridiculous amount of time on improving the lemons. I have been playing around a bit with the post as well. I am going to be away for a couple of days but I hope to get the finishing touches done before the deadline nextweek.
  17. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Unbelievable

My computer has been down for two days now with a debilitating virus. I haven't been able do work of any kind. So frustrating.

It is now at the mercy of our local technicians who are confident they will have it back to me tonight. So it will be a mad dash to the end!!
  18. Join Date
    May 2010

Good luck to you and your technicians, would hate to see you miss the deadline.
  19. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Finally Finished

It was touch & go for a while there - but I'm happy with the final outcome. I will post a couple of other views before the deadline.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2010-07-30 at 12:00 AM.
  20. Join Date
    Sep 2005

A couple of extra views

Heres a couple of other views.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this competition. Big thanks to Evermotion and AAndres.
    Last edited by the_eye; 2010-07-30 at 12:08 AM.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff