Page 3 of 3 1 ... 23
  1. Join Date
    May 2010

Bauhaus pictures

here are the promised original pictures from the Bauhaus archives, their architect Monika Markgraf did send them to me today. Please feel free to use them as reference for your work. Here is the original message she sent:

Sehr geehrter Herr Andresen,
    die dargestellte Situation zeigt die Grundlehrewerkstatt im Bauhaus. Hier war das Betonskelett schalungsrau belassen und weißem, matten Kaseinanstrich gestrichen. Das Mauerwerk und die Stahlsteindecke sind steinsichtig mit Putzschlämme mit Bürste/Quast aufgetragen und erhielten ebenfalls einen Kaseinanstrich. Alle Oberflächen sind matt im Farbton entsprechend „Keim 9870“ gefasst. Der Fußboden aus Steinholzestrich ist materialfarbig und matt. Die Profile der Vorhangfassade sind innen weiß (sie wirken auch im Gegenlicht eigentlich nicht schwarz) und außen grau gestrichen.
    Zur Veranschaulichung finden Sie zwei Fotos im Anhang.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Monika Markgraf

Let me translate the content quickly:

Your view shows the "Grundlehrewerkstatt" (Basic teaching class) at the Bauhaus. The concrete structure was left board marked and painted with white casein paint. The wall and the roof are covered with plaster sludge and are also painted with casein paint. All surfaces are matte in the reference color "Keim 9870" (see last page of this link for color samples http://www.knepper-group.de/maler/pd...ten%202009.pdf ). The floor is made from xylolite floating screed left unpainted and matte. The window frames are white inside and gray outside.

Pictures are copyright Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau.
    Last edited by aandres; 2010-07-22 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Adding picture copyright
  2. Join Date
    May 2006

Wow.....thanks very much mate.

These are the first images that I have been able to find of the actual room. I could find information on most other parts of the building but just never this room. I'm actually quite surprised that I got as much right in terms of the structure as I did.

I guess it kind of throws a spanner in the works in some ways, I really liked the light fittings that I had in there and the shiny floor but it's interesting in other ways like the roof and lightening the frames I think will work well.
  3. Join Date
    May 2010

Well, just ask, we support. Your light fittings are ok in my humble opinion and they have been used like this in the building. Buildings are never static - and besides the pictorial facts (which are made today and may or may not be "historically" correct) there is: artistic freedom ;-)
    Last edited by aandres; 2010-07-22 at 08:06 AM.
  4. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Very nice concept has well from your side! Really like it!

But... in my opinion, on the technical side:

The floor is to bumpy and the resolution texture really small for that view aperture and also to reflective.

The paper almost seams like cardboard (like 2mm size), doesn't look light.

The walls and ceilling looks fine, but should have less bump.

The edges of the wall should be more smoother, i can see very clearly the triangulation.

The sky doesn't match with the exterior illumination.

Overrall, your on the nice track!

Good luck
  5. Join Date
    May 2006

Thanks briktop

Some good feedback, definitely need to refine things a lot.
    Last edited by mahorela; 2010-07-22 at 02:28 PM.
  6. Join Date
    May 2010

I think the way they worked at the Bauhaus drawings would never be found scattered on the floor, 'cause to a designer a drawing is something valuable. Of course if someone killed Andy Andresen, the drawings would fall out of his hands, but where is the dead body?!?!
  7. Join Date
    May 2006

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aandres
    I think the way they worked at the Bauhaus drawings would never be found scattered on the floor, 'cause to a designer a drawing is something valuable. Of course if someone killed Andy Andresen, the drawings would fall out of his hands, but where is the dead body?!?!
    Could always model that in.

Looking at this again, I think I am trying a little too hard for a "messy" feel. This is the Bauhaus right.......minimalism.
    Last edited by mahorela; 2010-07-22 at 04:27 PM.
  8. Join Date
    May 2006

Hi

Work has really crashed the party in the past 10 or so days for me. I am just finishing off my final comps now. I am overall pleased with my entry though.

A compositing before and after.

Will post my finals in an hour or two.
  9. Join Date
    May 2010

Whoww. If you find time, take off one shelf and put it on top with a 5-7° angle to show it's under construction.
  10. Join Date
    May 2006

Hi AAndres

Unfortunately I am out of time but thanks very much for your help and input, you have been great.

Good luck everyone.
  11. Join Date
    May 2010

As said before, all you guys (& girls?) honor AAndres by putting in so much work. And I feel even more honored that you choose BAUHAUS as a reference for our design. Good luck with your entry.
  12. Join Date
    Apr 2007

mahorela, nice work!. I love the details and the point of view of the first rendering is awesome.
  13. Join Date
    May 2006

Thanks 3dluis and aandres

much appreciated, I just hope that I did the product and concept justice.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 3 of 3 1 ... 23
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff