Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Aandres Rendering Competition

Hello everyone!I think i need to stop now.

First of all i want to thank EVERMOTION and AAndres for this wonderful and fun competition!
    Special thanks to Mr. Andy Andersen for all the helpful infos and guidance during the WIP stage of the competition.Thanks so much Andy.

THANKS EVERYONE and GOODLUCK!!

Now its time to watch Salt and Inception

Image creation info:

Software and plugins used:
    Autodesk 3Ds Max 2010
    Chaosgroup Vray SP5
    Some free randomizer script
    Adobe Photoshop CS3
    Adobe After Effects 7.0
    Adobe Lightroom
    NIK Color efex
    DOF PRO by Richard Rosenman
    55mm tools
    Knoll Light Factory

Cassina Furniture-lounge chair
    Apple iMAC for the sizes and 360 reference photos of Airbook,charger, IPAD and imac8.
    Credits to DWP office library for the 80% of the book textures.
    20% downloaded thru net.
    More than 800 books being scanned and manually textured.
    AAndres furniture model from Evermotion(Free download for the competition)

Over 12million polygons-whole scene
    10-12 hours rendering time- intel core i7 920 @ 2.67 -3000px
    used 11.8GB ram at final rendering

Images
    CAMERA 1

CAMERA 2

CAMERA 3
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-07-31 at 06:02 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Hello m8!! Its great that you ll try this one!! Good luck!
  3. Join Date
    Nov 2007

here's my first wip. Just to see and study proportions..I will be remodeling the whole thing tonight at home. I will be adding more details like bolts,glazings and all that kind of stuffs. Meanwhile,ill be searching more on the products so i can see in details what product best fit the scene.

Hi annkos-thanks my friend!ive seen your wip and your doing great!Lets have fun!!
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-06-23 at 11:30 AM.
  4. Join Date
    May 2010

I am impressed. You can customize all our products to your needs, see this collection to give you an idea:

http://www.aandres.com/en/pictures/applications/
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Great!Thanks aandres for the link.I actually browsing the same link. But i might be needing your guide(if you dont mind) for accuracy. Just let me know during the WIP if youve seen something not quite right especially with the details of the products. Thanks in advance!

While rendering some images from my other computers i got a chance to model some details that i will be using in the scene.Heres some of them.
  6. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: ARCHITHEKTHURA
    Great!Thanks aandres for the link.I actually browsing the same link. But i might be needing your guide(if you dont mind) for accuracy. Just let me know during the WIP if youve seen something not quite right especially with the details of the products. Thanks in advance!

While rendering some images from my other computers i got a chance to model some details that i will be using in the scene.Heres some of them.
    Rest assured, if we see a mistake we will let you know. All members will have the same fair chance to win. Finally it will be the idea, the design, the rendering quality and the product accuracy combined in a good way to make a winner.
  7. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks so much aandres..

Finally i got some time last night..Been stacked with crazy deadlines in the office.
    Nothing much.Im leaning towards black flooring with black frank shelves option at first but then when i looked at the latest reply from aandres about the brand new eileen 44 ipad,i realized i wanted some more colors in. Now im thinking to change the shelves into colored ones and incorporating the new eileen44(w/c i think its pretty cool).!
    Im also looking at Cassina furniture(lounge chairs) to go with the color of the new shelves.
    Ive got a lot of ideas planted in my head but i dont know what to do.
    ANyway,if you guys got some suggestions,it would be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-06-29 at 07:52 AM.
  8. Join Date
    May 2010

Well, personally I love the extreme contrast of the strong brutal steel beams with the light sharp lines of AAndres. Good idea and very interesting light set-up!
  9. Join Date
    Jul 2008

cool , like this space
  10. Join Date
    Jun 2004

Looking good and nice concept.

All the best Jeff....
  11. Join Date
    Nov 2006

The image looks a little burnt-out at the far end on image 3. The books looks like it's been stacked in those shelves by a machine. Try to arrange them that it's not too perfect in alignment, maybe make some of them tilt a little to its side.

Anyway, it's a good start.
  12. Join Date
    May 2007

i like the one with farker floor better, and its true about the books they are just too perfect
    keep it up i love the space idea
  13. Join Date
    May 2007

good work my friend...looking forward for more from u
  14. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions and for dropping by.

Here's another update. I had hardtime figuring out what color im going to use for the shelves.I tried 8 colors and no one works for me. I almost go back to black option but it seems too monotone for me so i decided to go for dark blue tone just to give it a subtle color and to highlight more on Aandres product. Still working on good POV and not quite happy with the results yet. I have to add more books. Add more details on the space and architecture.
    Attached herewith is the K06 model aki biki canta chair(Cassina) that i might be using as lounge chairs.Still working on the space where i can put them.
    Thanks for viewing everyone!!Suggestions are highly appreciated.
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-07-20 at 08:29 AM.
  15. Join Date
    May 2010

I like the room you created and the way it gives light. Personally, I think the shelves need a strong color to counter-balance the extreme light and the extreme architecture. I would go for Oriental red or midnight. Just my 2c. Love the Cassina chairs.

http://www.aandres.com/en/downloads/colour-collection/
  16. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks aandres.Glad your liking it.

I tried your suggestions and for me it went pretty well! At first i tried the midnight but i still felt that i need more contrast,then i went to oriental red and here it is.

Still a lot things to do.Still working on some more POVs. Not happy yet with the results.It needs more and more details. I scanned 300 of our books in the office and still not enough!! Win or lose at least i got those books in my own library. They are all modeled and invidually unwrapped spine,back and front cover. Ill start modeling the speakers, switches track lights etc just to give more details and adds realism on the scene. Im planning to put some computer or internet area as well to be located at the very end of the space.Still working on plan.Lets see how far i can go.

Goodluck everyone!Thanks for viewing.Of course,comments and suggestions are most welcome.Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-07-13 at 11:40 PM.
  17. Join Date
    May 2010

Architecture in Switzerland ;-)
  18. Join Date
    Nov 2007

More updates.I got sometime last night and today.Just finished modeling some more stuff to fill in. I had hard time choosing furniture cause ive got a lot of options and furniture now adays are getting better and nicer.
    Anyway,Im going for 112 KICK pivoting low table by Toshiyuki Kita(Cassina) to match with my Aki Biki Canta swivel armchair. Not quite sure yet what furniture im going to use for the internet area, so for mean time i modeled the iMAC first. I like this model a lot rather than the new ones. Its trendy and funky.
    While rendering,im doing some funny stuff as well.Its just part of the wip. Rendering is the most boring part of the process. I hope i can skip it.
    Still long way to go. I hope i can finished it on time.

Again thanks for viewing!Goodluck!
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-07-30 at 06:36 PM.
  19. Join Date
    May 2007

loving the 2nd image congrats its coming along real nice big espectations for this one Good luck
  20. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Thanks Dohkito.Glad youre liking it. Please drop by some comments if you have, so i can still tweak it.Sometimes i overlooked a lot of things even if i stared at the image for how many times.
    Still a lot more to do here. Not happy yet with some of the bookshelves.

I want to change the book truck design as well. I feel its quite weak.

Im looking for some other pov. We are only allowed of 3 images for official entry and that limits me to do more views. I hope they make it at least 4.

The main problem im having right now is im already using 9.5GB ram just for LC.Opening the file, its in 7.8GB. Probably its the 400 book textures. Ive done a lot of optimization but still no luck. Ill see it after doing proxy.

Again thanks for dropping by mate.Cheers!
    Last edited by archithekthura; 2010-07-20 at 08:34 AM.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff