1. Join Date
    Nov 2004

.max Vray towards other application

Hi,
    I wanted to use some Archinteriors models for a customer job. I am using C4D as my main application, but I need to be able to select from the entire library of archinteriors. What could be the best solution for converting the .max Vray file to a .c4d vray file?

I would even consider just converting the geometry and remake the materials all new.

ch.
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2007

You can export geometry to FBX file format with 'embend textures' mode on or you can use a standard C4D plugin for 3dsmax to convert models to C4D format. The plugin is a part of C4D software and should be located in C4D installation folder.
  3. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Dear Edi-W
    I don't have the 3DStudioMax application, I only own C4D with the Vray Renderer Plugin
    Is there any conversion software that could import the .max file, for further conversion towards a more open format (obj, lwo, 3DS, ...)

thanks for your time,

Ch.
  4. Join Date
    Mar 2007

hmm I'm sorry but max files can be only opened in 3dsmax...you can download a trial version from autodesk official site
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff