Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008

University Library - AAndres Competiton

Hi Everyone,

First of all I wish all the best to every one who compete in the competition.

This is the interior which I will be modeling & will use one of the shelves from AAndres.

I have a doubt in one of the line in the AAndres Rules & GuideLines which says
    "Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces".
    Then the vertical surface which is in ALUMINUM should also be in wood?
    Last edited by Angelonthny; 2010-06-09 at 09:42 AM.
  2. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Angelonthny
    Hi Everyone,

First of all I wish all the best to every one who compete in the competition.

This is the interior which I will be modeling & will use one of the shelves from AAndres.

I have a doubt in one of the line in the AAndres Rules & GuideLines which says
    "Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces".
    Then the vertical surface which is in ALUMINUM should also be in wood?
    Nope, all walls (vertical surfaces) are aluminum. Only the shelves must be wood.
  3. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Chosen Shelve & after Customizing

Hi,

Here I have attached 2 images which shows you guys which shelve I have decided to use & its customization for my Library scene.
  4. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Hi,

Here I have attached 2 images which shows you guys which shelve I have decided to use & its customization for my Library scene.
    In a library you have a shelf unit that will be used from both sides. So either you take a wider one like Frank 55 or you use two Eileen 33 side by side. Check with a library pro what they prefer.
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aandres
    In a library you have a shelf unit that will be used from both sides. So either you take a wider one like Frank 55 or you use two Eileen 33 side by side. Check with a library pro what they prefer.
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I'll have a look at the Frank 55 doc.
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Modeling Progress

Hi All,

Here are some couple of images which shows my modeling progress. At the moment I have used a very basic light system in vray.
    This is not the final lighting. I'll keep posting WIP images as the work go on.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Modeling Progress_Set 02

Hi,

Here with I have attached some images of the interior model which I'm working on. You can
    see the progress & the furniture that will be in the scene. My next step is to
    work on the shelves & the books for the shelves. I hope you guys like it .

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  8. Join Date
    May 2009

good fast start in viz!
  9. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Modeling Progress_Set 03

Hi,

Thanks Vime, the attachments shows you guys the the Shelve system & the books arrangement
    that I'm using for the the scene. The shelve that I'm using is, from the Frank 55 Doc.
    Its Frank 55_5_2 shelve. I have customized it for the scene.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Modeling Progress_Set 04_Completed

Hi All,

In these attachments you can see the completion of the modeling on the
    library scene. The next step is the lighting.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  11. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Lighting

Hi,

Here I have attached 3 images which will show you guys the final light setup
    for the scene & the 3 camera angles that I will be rendering. At the moment you can see some noise in the images,
    that is because of the low render settings. I hope you guys like the progress so far I have shown

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  12. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Texture Progress

Hi All,

Following are some images which shows the texturing of the items in the scene.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  13. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Test Renders Progress

Hi,

These are some test renders of the Library scene which I did before I go for the final renders.
    Hope you guys like it.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  14. Join Date
    May 2010

I just found out what I missed: In all libraries here are numbers on the shelves and there is some kind of information system to lead you to the book you search. Otherwise, pic 3 has impressed me. Maybe a modern library would use our iPad container (last model in collection) to give you fast information and access....
  15. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aandres
    I just found out what I missed: In all libraries here are numbers on the shelves and there is some kind of information system to lead you to the book you search. Otherwise, pic 3 has impressed me. Maybe a modern library would use our iPad container (last model in collection) to give you fast information and access....

Thank you very much for the information. I'll work on that detail, Is there any possibility to download the 179_eileen_44_2_1_ipad model or get its measurements.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  16. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Thank you very much for the information. I'll work on that detail, Is there any possibility to download the 179_eileen_44_2_1_ipad model or get its measurements.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
    Please see our posting here:

http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/...714#post312714
  17. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Test Renders Progress - Set 02

Hi All,

Aandres thanks for the dimension details. In this set of images I have add the new Ipad Shelve to the scene & I have textured it using the wood material.
    Also I have removed the Black sofa from the scene because its blocks the view of the shelves.
    Hope to see you guys soon with the Final renders.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  18. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Final Entry Image

Hi All,

This is my final entry image for the competition. I hope that you guys will like it.
    Additionally I have 2 other camera angles for this scene as I have shown in my WIP images.
    If I'm posting them how the info line should be in those 2 images?
    Good Luck Everyone!

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  19. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Final Entry_CORRECTED

Hi All,

I have done some changes for the books in the front shelve to give some more variation.
    So I have rendered an new image in the same angle, only changing some books in the shelve. I'm posting it as my FINAL ENTRY image.
    Also I have added 2 extra images which is as additional camera angles of the scene. I hope that you guys will like it.

Thanks,
    Angelo.
  20. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Very good result ... And much more varied but the book blocks.

Good luck!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff