Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Godzilla - AAndres Competition

Final version.

And a night version:

Last edited by Godzilla; 2010-08-02 at 12:48 AM.
  2. Join Date
    May 2010

I have seen a few room ideas already posted, please allow me a comment.

Aandres is a LUXURY furniture. A large library built from this system can cost up to $100'000, a living room furnished with Aandres is easily $50'000.

You rarely put this into a tiny apartment, you will not use it in a student attic flat - unless you have inherited it ;-)

The houses you'll find Aandres in are penthouses, are at the seashore, in the mountains, the rooms have a view, there is space and light. Or they are classic 300 m2 flats in the heart of Rome or Paris.

A few names dropped: Tadao Ando, Frank Lloyd Wright, Eileen Gray, Le Corbusier, Paul Rudolph, Mies van der Rohe, Frank Gehry. We want to be connected with the famous names in architecture. Plus there is Bauhaus, De Stijl, Case Study Houses and more.

THINK BIG! BE NEW!
  3. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Thanks for the comment Aandres, I'll certainly take these things into consideration.

Here's a fairly large update.. I plan on finishing filling the shelves (With more books and other objects), then expanding the room a bit, adding some windows etc.

A little about the image... Chair was modeled and textured by me a few months ago for another project, the books are mostly textured with scans which I recently took, and the painting was made in Photoshop. The carpet has ~100,000 small 'fibers' instanced around it's surface to give it a more realistic look.

Comments/Suggestions/Critiques are appreciated!

4. Join Date
    May 2010

How about using a glass surface for your AAndres shelves? Would give you more reflections.
  5. Join Date
    Apr 2010

ffs it's just a bunch of shelves. Who will be so stupid to pay a small fortune for shelves?
  6. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: prixtArxidis
    ffs it's just a bunch of shelves. Who will be so stupid to pay a small fortune for shelves?
    No, it is a handmade luxury product made in Switzerland to the highest ecological and technical standards.

You can buy Billy, you can buy Aandres.
    You can buy a Hyundai, you can buy a Ferrari.
    You can buy a Vespa, you can buy a Harley.

It all depends on your money, your taste and your ideas about life.
  7. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Godzilla
    Thanks for the comment Aandres, I'll certainly take these things into consideration.

Here's a fairly large update.. I plan on finishing filling the shelves (With more books and other objects), then expanding the room a bit, adding some windows etc.

A little about the image... Chair was modeled and textured by me a few months ago for another project, the books are mostly textured with scans which I recently took, and the painting was made in Photoshop. The carpet has ~100,000 small 'fibers' instanced around it's surface to give it a more realistic look.

Comments/Suggestions/Critiques are appreciated!

How about using glass surfaces and leave away the middle shelf. That would allow you to put in very large books like TASCHEN publishes them. Just an idea. here is the link for the glass:

http://www.aandres.com/downloads/glasfarben/
  8. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aandres
    You can buy Billy, you can buy Aandres.
    You can buy a Hyundai, you can buy a Ferrari.
    You can buy a Vespa, you can buy a Harley.
    Yeah, but you don't buy a Ferrari that looks like a Hyundai. They don't look so classy to me.

I don't care if the wheels are made from NASA materials they are just shelves that look like regural shelves.
    It looks like an idea captured in a bussines-marketing seminar.
  9. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Yeah, but you don't buy a Ferrari that looks like a Hyundai. They don't look so classy to me.

I don't care if the wheels are made from NASA materials they are just shelves that look like regural shelves.
    The term "classy" is a matter of your personal taste. In the US something that is considered classy is different form Japan or Italy. Your personal and cultural background very much defines what is "classy".

So I can not continue this discussion as we can not argue about your or my taste. Rest assured, we do sell well and we sell to different people with different tastes.
  10. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Quote:

One of the differences could be that, when you start to push it around, it won't fall apart after you put 2 books on it. There's a reason people pay for quality, and it ain't just looks.

Godzilla! Good luck, man, looking good so far. I'd be careful with the big blank walls, maybe run some cables along a corner or something to give it an extra level of detail without taking away from the starkness of it. Tones are very nice, you using camera tonemapping, I'm guessing?
  11. Join Date
    Jan 1970

I've finished up a few other things I had going on so I'm going to be focusing on this project for the next few weeks =).

Thanks for the feedback, Tom. I was planning on adding a few electric items into the scene (Primarily lamps), which would require such cords. I'll try and make sure the walls aren't *too* plain (some more 'paintings' perhaps?). And yes, I am using camera tone mapping (Agfapan APX 400CD simulated film).

Here's a minor update (Still noisy, sorry). Windows and a few books added, I'm going to try to add something more interesting to the environment/windows in the next update.

Last edited by Godzilla; 2010-07-03 at 02:22 AM.
  12. Join Date
    May 2010

A flat in Tokyo city centre on the 38th floor looking over the city with windows to the floor?
  13. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Here's another update, it's starting to look much more like I had envisioned in the beginning.

Comments/Critiques/Suggestions?

Aandres - I may try that but I'm partial to the countryside HDRI, and I doubt I'd be able to find a good skyline image to use.
  14. Join Date
    Dec 2004

I love your latest render!! Great work!
  15. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Godzilla
    Here's another update, it's starting to look much more like I had envisioned in the beginning.

Aandres - I may try that but I'm partial to the countryside HDRI, and I doubt I'd be able to find a good skyline image to use.
    The pictures I added are from my personal collection, you can use them, please give credit. Locations are Tokyo, Tokyo, Atlanta, Atlanta and NYC Times Square
  16. Join Date
    Jan 1970

I lowered the windows as you suggested, and I tried out your images though the perspective seemed off a bit even after adjustment =(. I scoured the internet for an hour or so and managed to find a suitable image here. I'm going to change the shades.. I don't really like the way they look when rendered. Other than that I have very little left to do, so I'll probably have a finished render soon.

Last update for a bit, I'm off to California for a few days.
  17. Join Date
    May 2007

hey there its loks better with the new windows im not really sure about the black chair... other than that it looks great nice mood u got there
  18. Join Date
    May 2009

GODZILLA - I think you are right - this are just simple shelves - nothing special - some pipes - some mdf-shelves and some hardware thatīs it - every carpenter does this job for
    some bucks......... but itīs like the toblerone itīs also just chocolade ......... but the swiss
    people think itīs the one and only.................so anyway i wish you good luck !
  19. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Mocki010
    GODZILLA - I think you are right - this are just simple shelves - nothing special - some pipes - some mdf-shelves and some hardware thatīs it - every carpenter does this job for
    some bucks......... but itīs like the toblerone itīs also just chocolade ......... but the swiss
    people think itīs the one and only.................so anyway i wish you good luck !
    Besides AAndres, Toblerone, Nespresso, Swiss Army Knives and Rolex we also have SWATCH for those with a smaller pocket. Guess what? They are $35 and show exact the same time as the $200'000 Rolex. Nice move, don't you think ;-)
  20. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Mocki010
    I highly doubt it would be veneered MDF or something similar. Have you never been to a high-class furniture store or even just used good furniture?

Godzilla,

Looking alive! Regarding the film choice, it is a high key film which, in my opinion, is very appropriate for your scene here. Love the relative simplicity of your scene, however the right corner, where the shelf meets the wall and floor is begging for something, either a vase or something that's haphazardly placed, to shy away from that absolutely perfect placing of things.

Can't wait to see the final!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff