Page 1 of 8 12 ... 8 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Rules & Guidelines

Welcome to the Evermotion rendering competition.

Rules:

1. Duration of the challenge Commencing - 1st june 2010 Finishing on - 1st August 2010 GMT +2
    2. The subject of this competition is create visualization using A.Andres furniture models (see this link). This link contains 3dsmax 2008 sample model of a midle sized shelf system and jpg with all the sizes. It is allowed to use your own model of this system, it is not allowed to use other materials then in the attached models!
    LINK

3. Suggested theme choices:
    * Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces
    * Render a kitchen using the system and integrate kitchen appliances
    * Render a media room/home theater using the system and stereo appliances
    * Render a hotel entrance hall using the system in any configuration
    * Render a free shop interior design using the system in any configuration
    * Free submitting
    PLEASE VISIT http://www.aandres.com/bilder/ for more reference.
    You can also see example of interior scene in the attachment

4. You are encouraged to post on the Challenge forum as many WIP images as you can. The minimum requirement is to submit an image for each of these milestones – Concept Sketch or reference photo, Modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering Post Effects and Composting, Final Image..
    5. Enter the Challenge by registering yourself on evermotion forum: Register here
    6. Post your wips by making a new thread in CHALANGES, AAndres competitions section: Competition section on Evermotion forum
    7. You can use every 3D software you want, post processing inside photoshop or other 2D software are allowed.
    8. Multiple entries are not allowed but you can post up to three different camera angles for one scene (closeups for example)
    9. The work you submit to this Challenge must be your own personal works, groups and companies are not allowed.
    10. Hosting WIP images on other servers than evermotion is not allowed
    11. Hosting final entries on other servers then evermotion is allowed
    12. Using of premade models is allowed
    13. Using licensed models and textures is allowed but you must credit everything you use.
    14. Submit your final entry before the close of the challenge (to avoid the last-minute rush - get your entry in early).
    15. Final submission resolution should be not lower then 1600px in the longest edge
    16. Final submission should have attached this blank info line: (attachment)
    17. 3 winners will be chosen by Judge team. You can find their names on the bottom of this site.
    18. Final images submitted after 1st August 2010 will not participate in the judging stage.
    19. To be qualified WIP (Work In Progress) images must have been submitted during the Challenge.
    20. Employees of sponsors cannot enter this challenge.
    21. Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
    22. You must not publish the work during the Challenge outside the dedicated forum, you can link to it if you like.
    23. The sponsors of this Challenge may use short-listed and winning artwork for marketing purposes in the context of the Challenge.
    24. The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
    25. Artists may to use the images created for personal promotion.
    If you do not agree with any of the above rules, please do not enter the Challenge.
    Last edited by Edi_W; 2010-06-14 at 09:14 AM.
  2. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Hello guys !

I have a doubt in this line:

"* Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces"
    Are the Shelve that must be entirely in wood or every furniture in the scene ?
  3. Join Date
    Feb 2007

And what about the maps in texturing ?

I cant use my own even if i respect the furniture materiality ?

(sorry guys for the double posting)
  4. Join Date
    May 2005

Where is the link???
  5. Join Date
    Oct 2004

hello . I want to participate in this challenge but I have questions about what we are supposed to do.

the sample rar that you gave,

are we using that product exclusively? it doesnt seem big enough for a whole library, or a hotel entrance. is the jury expecting it to be duplicated or re-assembled with different combinations?

I checked AAndres.com and there were alternate configurations of that modular system.
    can we make our own alterations ? or will you provide some more models, just to eliminate any misunderstanding ?

and my final question is about scale. to put it into any scene correctly, could you give dimensions?

thank you.
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2004

LOL .. no links?????
  7. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: correntes
    Hello guys !

I have a doubt in this line:

"* Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces"
    Are the Shelve that must be entirely in wood or every furniture in the scene ?
    Only the shelves must be in wood when you want to do a library
  8. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: overwhelm4ever
    hello . I want to participate in this challenge but I have questions about what we are supposed to do.

the sample rar that you gave,

are we using that product exclusively? it doesnt seem big enough for a whole library, or a hotel entrance. is the jury expecting it to be duplicated or re-assembled with different combinations?

I checked AAndres.com and there were alternate configurations of that modular system.
    can we make our own alterations ? or will you provide some more models, just to eliminate any misunderstanding ?

and my final question is about scale. to put it into any scene correctly, could you give dimensions?

thank you.
    You are free to use any design in any combination as shown in examples on the AANDRES website. See this link for all catalogues that contain system and parts dimensions:

http://issuu.com/andy.andresen/docs

Please see Frank Pro for large scale designs up to the height of 9 meters:

http://www.aandres.com/bilder/frank-pro/
    Last edited by aandres; 2010-06-02 at 12:27 AM.
  9. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: correntes
    And what about the maps in texturing ?

I cant use my own even if i respect the furniture materiality ?

(sorry guys for the double posting)
    What ever you do, you must respect the AANDRES furniture design and surface look. See the original pictures for the look on the website:

http://www.aandres.com/en/pictures/

High res pictures are here:

http://www.aandres.com/en/downloads/media/

Information about AANDRES colors and surfaces are here:

http://issuu.com/andy.andresen/docs/..._technik_issue
  10. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Hi
    The furniture units must be one of your own exactly with standered shapes and scale or i can make a diffrent shape with keeping the design elements and materials look (for example deleting a ceil or merge two together or make a diffrent scale with diffrent count of shelves....etc) ??

what is the percentage of using AAndres furniture on the space ? are there any minimum perecentage or any limit ?
  11. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Is the contest is all about making andy.andres's containers? is the scene i'm working on can't have any other models like computer chaire or other models , and can't i model other models? do i have to use only the texture apply with the file only , can't i use other texture of mine , ? and about material , ther is no material in the max file , is there a rule of using my own material ( i'm talking about material not texture )

pls responde because i didn't understande the competition rules
  12. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: M-Keshta
    Hi
    The furniture units must be one of your own exactly with standered shapes and scale or i can make a diffrent shape with keeping the design elements and materials look (for example deleting a ceil or merge two together or make a diffrent scale with diffrent count of shelves....etc) ??

what is the percentage of using AAndres furniture on the space ? are there any minimum perecentage or any limit ?
    See this link for different shapes that we already did to get an idea:

http://www.aandres.com/bilder/anwendungen/

Use as much AANDRES as it still looks nice and balanced. It is a room not an AANDRES exhibition!
  13. Join Date
    Mar 2007

I see AAndres have alredy answered some of your questions.

zorro - I have updated the first post, but the link is also in the main competition page

overwhelm4ever - the sample is only a small piece of AAndres furniture, so YOU NEED TO MODEL IT IF YOU WANT TO HAVE BIGGER VERSIONS.

midoo55 - the competition is all about making a nice interior scene using the AAndres furniture, and yes you can use also some of your models too.
  14. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: midoo55
    Is the contest is all about making andy.andres's containers? is the scene i'm working on can't have any other models like computer chaire or other models , and can't i model other models? do i have to use only the texture apply with the file only , can't i use other texture of mine , ? and about material , ther is no material in the max file , is there a rule of using my own material ( i'm talking about material not texture )

pls responde because i didn't understande the competition rules
    Here is a catalogue with information about the possible surfaces:

You can use any models you have or want PLUS the AANDRES furniture line.

Please also check this pictures for the look of the real furniture:

http://www.aandres.com/bilder/
  15. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Quote:
    Originally posted by: aandres
    Here is a catalogue with information about the possible surfaces:

You can use any models you have or want PLUS the AANDRES furniture line.

Please also check this pictures for the look of the real furniture:

http://www.aandres.com/bilder/
    i may have missed it if you explain it somewhere.
    my question is: Do YOU provide models (3D models that is) on your website for your furniture? if YES plz provide us a direct link.
    thank you
  16. Join Date
    Mar 2007

asos - NO the only model we provide is the sample, the rest you need to model for yourself, but I think this design is not so much complicated, almost all of the furnitures are based on this sample.
  17. Join Date
    Mar 2007

AND PLEASE BEFORE YOU SEND ME ANOTHER EMAIL WHAT IS THIS COMPETITION ALL ABOUT READ THE RULES SPECIALY THE POINT 2 AND 3

2. The subject of this competition is create visualization using AANDRES furniture models (see this link). This link contains 3dsmax 2008 sample model of a middle sized shelf system and jpg with all the sizes. It is allowed to use your own model of this system, it is not allowed to use other materials then in the attached models!

3.Suggested theme choices:

* Render a library using the system but only wood surfaces
    * Render a kitchen using the system and integrate kitchen appliances
    * Render a media room/home theater using the system and stereo appliances
    * Render a hotel entrance hall using the system in any configuration
    * Render a free shop interior design using the system in any configuration
    * Free submitting

You can also see example of interior scene in this images:
    First example
    Second example
  18. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Hello Edi.
    My congratulations on another high-level competition, as well as the awards that you offer.
    This, no doubt, that the information line will be present ...
    My question is whether in the catalog AAndres, with the variety of materials available, you can use I like most, or otherwise, is limited.

Thanks, and see the forum.
  19. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Problem with the .max file

Hello everyone,
    First I want to congratulate all those who organized this competition seems to be very stimulating, then I kindly ask if you could post a version of the basic model in .3ds format, as not using 3D Studio Max (and having an old version of the program that can not open the file). I hope there are no restrictions on software that can be used in this rendering competition.
    Thanks in advance for your attention, good day to all
  20. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Large_Black
    Hello everyone,
    First I want to congratulate all those who organized this competition seems to be very stimulating, then I kindly ask if you could post a version of the basic model in .3ds format, as not using 3D Studio Max (and having an old version of the program that can not open the file). I hope there are no restrictions on software that can be used in this rendering competition.
    Thanks in advance for your attention, good day to all
    Thanks, here at AANDRES in Switzerland we are glad the response on Evermotion is so positive. We had 1'924 hits at our website in 24 hours, coming from 102 countries. Thanks to all of you!

I am sure Edi from Evermotion will take care of the sw request.

You may also join us on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AANDRES/267236067442
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 8 12 ... 8 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff