Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Tadao Ando - Chicago House

I've been literally swamped these past few weeks. But I did find the time over a long weekend to model and render this rather simplified (and scantily furnished) version of Ando's Chicago House, his first completed commission in the US. These were done in Max 2010 and Vray 1.5 SP5. Hope you like those. Any feedback much appreciated as always.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006

5* from me.
    excellent work!
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2010

simply amazing, and show us more interiors scenes
  4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Woww! Sick! This is awesomee I really love all of this.... Love the mood, texturing, lighting.... in third image from the last, the knolllight effect looks a little bit strange to me, but thats minor .. Overall,your works always brilliant bertrandb. Congratz..!
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2009

oh yea ! 5***** from me too.........!
  6. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Very good work Man!i like it very much!
  7. Join Date
    May 2006

Hi there Bertrand..Seems to me that Tadao Ando is always excellent source for cg artists, but particularly for ones with perfectionism under their skin .
    Impressive work for one weekend. I suppose settings for this Chicago House are similar to Ponce house?.

congrats my friend!

Cheers
    Ivo
  8. Join Date
    Dec 2008

nice cool work - great night render!
    Bravo!
  9. Join Date
    Nov 2007

very nice, good work. Like them
  10. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Hi Bertrand!! You did great work as usual! Congrats!
  11. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Great work ! Nice colors and great level of detail.
  12. barrlley

You all love your Ando. Overall decent. The water could use some more tweaking, same with the glass. Seems like at least you did the CA mostly correctly, though in reality most people would just use the correct F-stop and never have to deal with it. the leaves close to the camera are a little lacking; they are fine from far away, but fall a little short when that close.
  13. Join Date
    Jan 1970

Bertrand, well what can i say - unbelievable! - as always. These "photographs" look extremely good - you have basically captured a photograph here - The level these renders are at are just phenomenal. What post P do you use specifically ?

Thanks
  14. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Nice Render!! Nice lighting!!

Can we see wireframes?
  15. barrlley

Guys, they aren't photographs, get over it. Its 3d, always will be. Stop trying to fake another medium. You don't see anyone attempting to do Gouache on wood panel renderings do you?
    Last edited by barrlley; 2010-05-19 at 12:48 PM.
  16. Join Date
    Dec 2005

lol barrlley ;-D

Great work Bertrand, like the night shots the most - it would take me many weekends to get anywhere near that and you did it in one! Keep posting, your Ponce House is one of my favourites on the forum.
  17. Join Date
    Nov 2009

There are somethings i dont like but i believe it has to do with the post p. process. Its about the way you treated the shadow. Seems like there is too much detail hidden in the shadow mostly cause the imgs look a bit too dark imo. Rly dont know how to explain it. Also the imgs in overall seem over desaturated.

Comparing these imgs to the house contest, i think in terms of colors and light this one is lower in terms of global quality. Neverless the work is very good as allways.

Good job,
    metrocubicodigital
  18. Join Date
    Feb 2009

wow, impressive work for just a weekend!!
    I really like 6th image from the top, the dusk view, looks very cool!
  19. Join Date
    Nov 2006

Absolutely fantastic! Great job! *****
  20. Join Date
    May 2010

Faking reality is what archvis is all about.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff