Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Interior competition: Dutch Apartment in Rotterdam

Hi all,

I am very pleased to have the oppertunity to join a competition for the first time. A friend of mine has bought an apartment in Rotterdam to rent out. It has to be renovated big time so he asked me to make some 3d-impressions 'cause of the difficult real estate market at the moment. It's an apartment in a good neightbourhood and mostly rented out to young families.
    The plans, views and sections were made in AutoCAD and imported into Sketchup to make it 3 dimensional. I use the colored squares in the drawings to assign the materials and it's a trick when i import the sketchup file into 3dsmax. To assign materials in 3dsmax i use the squares to specify materials to the specific objects. For me it works great and i prefer modeling in Sketchup because it's easy to use.
    So far for now!
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Stained glass

In the street where the apartment is situated there are a lot of houses with old fashioned stained glass (early 20th century architecture). The wish of my client was to bring this back and to combine it with a modern interior. I choose to make the stained glass more transparant. After modelling it in Sketchup i imported into 3dsmax.
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2005

u making a fast progress i wish u all the best
  4. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Progress

Hi,
    Thnx! Good luck to you too!!
    Yesterday and today i had my day off from work so i could work on this competition... :-)
    I put some background in it and just a very nice couch from a Evermotion CD to the scene. Used some plants from another Evermotion disk. I work in Mental Ray 'cause it gives me more feeling with materials and specialy the lightning. So I had to transform the models from Vray to Mental Ray and modified them in the shape the matched the scene. I am not happy with the dark floor so i have changed that into a light natural one.
    Next step is to bring in some things to make it more like its your home...
  5. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Interior

Next move in this scene was to make it more like home as i said. Therefor i have put in some picture frames, the table, a chair, candles etc... also i bumped the floor a bit more.
  6. Join Date
    Mar 2010

I think i want to make it a bit more surrealistic.................. just to be a bit more different... but how?? ...
  7. Join Date
    Aug 2008

try dress it up a bit add things that you wouldn't have but want, add funky design elements.
  8. Join Date
    Mar 2010

livingroom

The livingroom is almost finished ... next task is the kitchen followed by one of the bedrooms...
  9. Join Date
    Aug 2008

het ziet er goed uit, looking good
  10. Join Date
    Mar 2010

The little girl on the picture is blowing soap bubbles. I think i will fill the room woth soap bubbles :-))
  11. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Kitchen

Out of the sketchup model i have modeled aswell the kitchen. The picture of the current kitchen shows a dark space. My friend wants to make it more transparance. I added more windows above the doors to the terrasse and added a extra window. After seeing the first conceptrender he decided that he really wants to add those extra windows.
  12. Join Date
    Mar 2010

i forgot a picture

I forgot to post the drawing of an ealier sketchup drawing of the kitchen with an less modern kitchen. My friend wants a kitchen which is clean, modern, bright and trendy... so this picture wasn't enough... :-)
  13. Join Date
    Mar 2010

kitchen

Hi all,

Did some work this weekend...
    I almost finished the kitchen. Changed the chairs, tried some different tiles and stuff above the counter ... inserted some terrasse stuff etc.
    The background looked too much gray so i decided to put in the background post render with PS.

Next and last scene is the bedroom....
    After finish the bedroom i try to finalize all the pictures with post render in PS.
  14. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Bedroom

Hi all,
    This weekend i worked out the bedroom.
    First i used the AutoCad-drawings of the architect (see earlier posts) and put it in Sketchup. Throughout of the sections, views and plan i created the 3d-model like i did with the others. The basic model is shown in the first picture. Than i lost my inspiration a bit so i went a bit crazy with creating a cow-room ... dutch cows ofcourse!! With some grass on the floor and so on... I finished it a bit more seriously ... put in some shutters, nice bed, lamps, accesoiries, plants, women shoes etc.. I post render put in the background by using Photoshop.

I will probably post render edit the pictures a little bit more but this is about it.... livingroom, kitchen and bedroom. Three pictures out of one project.

Hope you like it!!
  15. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Forgot original photo bedroom

Hereby i post the original photo i forgot to post... sorry! :-)
  16. Join Date
    Aug 2008

8. multiple entries are not allowed but you can post up to three different camera angles for one scene (closeups for example)

let op er telt maar een sceen.
  17. Join Date
    Mar 2010

I have to choose....

Quote:
    Originally posted by: wtf.nl
    8. multiple entries are not allowed but you can post up to three different camera angles for one scene (closeups for example)

let op er telt maar een sceen.
    @ wtf.nl:
    Thanx for your comment!! I had in mind that i had to put in three pictures from one scene... Mmmm, now i have to choose ...

@ everyone:
    Which one do you like the most? The livingroom, kitchen or the bedroom... i am not sure yet which one ...
  18. Join Date
    Aug 2008

i like the bedroom the most
  19. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Final entry

Hi all,

Here is my final entry of a dutch apartment!! Hope you like it.
    I see a lot of entries with 3 pictures so enter with these three.
    If i have to enter with one it will be the one of the livingroom.
    I thank everyone for their comments! Good luck to you all. I enjoyed working on this competition and looking at the results of the other competitors!

So Drifi
  20. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Hardware: Intel i7 920, 2,2Ghz, 12Gb intern memory
    Software: Sketchup, 3DStudioMAX 2009, Photoshop
    Textures and models: Flickr.com, Evermotion, my own pictures
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff