Page 2 of 2 1 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Wow! Great lightning and ambiance! Like the people. Congratulations.
  2. Join Date
    Apr 2007

congrats!, impressive images!

The ambiance is really cool, nice detail with the blurry people and really well done the work with the textures.

Good luck, for sure your images will be one of the winners
  3. Join Date
    May 2005

Great post
    Good luck
  4. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Congratulations, really good. Especially the lighting.
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Great place and work with lights and materials.
  6. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Great work you really captured the feel and the look that the massive columns give in the whole picture! What material did you use for the semi-transparent wall with the small windows? How did you achive this look?
  7. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Thank you all for the words. Its rewarding reading that, especially they came from such great visualizers.

VukDjordjevic:

Well the stone material consists in a mapped translucency (with the reflection map) with reflection glossies. There are 10 different materials with variations in difuse, reflection and translucency.

Cya
  8. Join Date
    May 2007

nice images u have done...cool work bro...keep it up and good luck to you...
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Thanks logesh_v

One thing that i didn't mention was the rendering time:

Image 1 = 12 - 13 hours

Image 2 = 12 - 13 hours

Image 3 = 31 - 32 hours

My laptop specs are in page 2.

The image 3 took almost the double to render because all the translucency and low light. Ill guess that the calculation must be a pain...

cya guys
  10. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Really awesome!
    (I think we have a winner here... )
  11. Join Date
    Feb 2007

Thanks for the words sun5058.

One personal comment about the light:

I'm architect and right now i stopped work to finishing my master thesis, witch is about... LIGHT in architecture.

In 3d architecture visualization i'm strongly influenced by my architecture background.

For me, Light and Material are the most important things about archi visualization, because they are the "Pillars" of the architecture it self.

I follow allot the texts of Louis Kahn about light, color, time, and architecture and i hope that reflects in my 3d works.

In my opinion nowadays we see allot of great modeling work but then the light lacks color and depth falling in the true propose of the visualization.

Well just my thoughts...

Cya all
    it was a pleasure in participate in this competition.
  12. Join Date
    Nov 2009

can you tell me how did you made this lens effect in your pictures? by the way congratulation, it is pretty good job
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 2 of 2 1 12
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff