1. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Interior design competition - Raymond Ore

I've spent the last week trying to find a suitable interior something that would be difficult but still with a chance of finishing on time. I found lot's of possibilities but they all suffered from poor reference until I came across this image of the Palace Hotel in San Francisco. there are hundreds of images available on-line it looks as though everyone who's eaten there has taken a photo and posted it.
    I'm going to have to try and work out proportions of the room before I place the first poly so I probably won't have anything to post until next week but I'm hoping the ride will be fun. At least I've found out the room is 108 feet long so that will be a helpful starting point.
    Last edited by Clanger; 2010-04-30 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Final Entry Upload
  2. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I've been working out the measurements by playing with simple proxy objects and I think I've got a good idea of the proportions so now I can start for real.
  3. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I've made a start right at the top and for now I'll continue all the way down.
  4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Wip3

Work got in the way for a while but I've managed to find some time to put some work in. There's still enough time to finish so I'm hopeful.
  5. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Running out of time fast so I'm not doing anything else until Friday. At least the Ceiling is done which is probably 70% of the work.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Palace Hotel Interior

Starting to look like a room now.
  7. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Room nearly finished then it's the Chandeliers, tables and chairs plus as much clutter as I've time for.
  8. Join Date
    Aug 2008

go...go...go.go you can do it.
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I calculate I have 7 hours modelling time left before I have to hit the final render button, lets see how much I can stuff in.
  10. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Final Render.

Well I managed to coax my computer to render the 15 million polys, for a moment there I thought I was going to get a render out.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff