Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Evermotion 1st Rendering Competition - Winners announced

Thank you all for participation in our competition. The quality of works is very high and it was very hard to choose only three works.We present you 12 best works, 3 finalists and 9 featured works.
    --
    http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3642/feeds5.gif
  2. Join Date
    Oct 2008

I don't know who was the jury, but a lot of works are not even in 12 nominated , "Ignis", " Cherkio", "Alex" and what about Christmas version with snow ? I'm disapointed with this results, cause those guys do it two months hard working and in the end in 12 were guys, who don't even have W.I.P. ..... ugly, I expect a lot from evermotion team, this one was just a joke with them. Don't understand me wrong, 1st position is ok, but 2nd, 3th is the most realistic, all other sux, sorry, but someone has to write this, this for all disapointed !!!
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

yeah that's true i talked a lot with other 3d artists and they said the same totally agree with you man !!
  4. Join Date
    Mar 2007

I'm sorry but that was the choose of the jury and we must respect this (only two people from jury are from evermotion stuff)...btw I also like the christmes snow vrsion
  5. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Im sorry but i must agree with other guys (of course the other 9 works dont sux but i think other renders are better) .I dont know if its wright but i think we must know all the jury people like other competitions.
  6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

As I already stated after the judgment this was a surprise for me also.
    My favorites were Jan (1st) Steve (2nd) and jamiethomas(3d)
    but works done by: neveroqtno,Ignis,cherkio,GERMANO2006,hcpiter,bioli t,sandykoufax,Mr_Ma and some others IMO have the quality to be in the very best ones.

It would be very nice and fair if the jury could explain their choices.......so we all understand what guided their decisions mostly in such a tough task

kizo
  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Edi_w >>> yeah we believe you but, really, it would be nice next time to hear arguments, why someone voted for that or other work.... maybe it's like eurovision ? vote for the neighbour ? )
  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

"Edi_w >>> yeah we believe you but, really, it would be nice next time to hear arguments, why someone voted for that or other work.... maybe it's like eurovision ? vote for the neighbour ? )" (2)
    I am anger too. How can we participate from a contest that we do not know the way the winners are selected?
  9. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Yep, maybe next time it would be better winners to be nominated by vote from the all users in the forum... I can't be angry that I'm not nominated even in 12, cause other good works also not nominated, but I also want to know with which arguments comes those results. IMHO "Mia_'s" and "Steve Cole"'s works have outstanding quality totally deserved( I gived em 5 stars), no offence but all others don't have this class.... and like I can see , other guys also want to know... respect to Jury and evermotion team, I love this forum, but I put 2 moths hard work and think that I deserve to know why my work is so bad ....
  10. Join Date
    Sep 2004

* The minimum resolution for the shortest side of your final render should be at least 1000 pixels thats the rule, and 3 of the 12 didn't follow it... Is there an explanation for that?
  11. Join Date
    Mar 2007

In some demo version of renderers like fryrender for example can not be rendered larger image then 800x800 ...so we have allowed smaller size...

Judges has spoken and it will be like it is...
    We are going to make a new competition in near future this time evermotion users will choose 3 the best works ...the judges will only choose 10 to 20 best works form all the works...We will try to make the best of this competition and learn from it
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Sounds good! I'm waiting for it!
  13. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Edi_w >>> nice waiting :P when ?
  14. Join Date
    Mar 2007

soon ...we need to close this one first and find some new sponsors
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Quote:
    Originally posted by: Edi_W
    In some demo version of renderers like fryrender for example can not be rendered larger image then 800x800 ...so we have allowed smaller size...

Judges has spoken and it will be like it is...
    We are going to make a new competition in near future this time evermotion users will choose 3 the best works ...the judges will only choose 10 to 20 best works form all the works...We will try to make the best of this competition and learn from it
    this is something different , waiting for it, hope this time Interior rendering and more than one view(2 views) , and it's nice that evermotion team upgrade the rules in future competition, like this forum !
  16. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Felicidades..................... Buen Render!
  17. Join Date
    Jul 2004

sounds good admin...we are waiting for it.
  18. Join Date
    Jan 2008

On my point of view, in some cases, you don't need spend two months working to make a great scene, or put a lot of things on your scene to make look good, some times a good handled of lights and materials is enough to make your work looks real and get good results, i agree in the way that a very good jobs like, ignis work or Mr_Ma work etc, wont be in 12 better works, and to be honest, i think this two works are better than other that was been a part of the finalist list, but maybe the jury see other things that i won't. For me, 10 of the 12 finalist, was a great jobs....
    Last edited by arturo.lopez; 2009-06-25 at 01:11 AM.
  19. Join Date
    May 2007

i also agree with neveroqtno...there must be some explanation "why" those images got the prizes and "why" the others dint get....some proper explanation will make others to improve a lot. i still dont kno w why neveroqtno's work is not selected in the top12...i respect evermotoin team n the juries...but would like to know on what basis they judged...so it will help others also to know how they need to improve. this is just my opinion..
  20. Join Date
    Sep 2006

I cant wait for the next one. Since I came in late on this one, I didn't get to finish.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff