Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006

steve_cole's entry

Here is my final submission for the competition. Project called The Lake House. Made with 3ds Max 2009 and rendered with Vray 1.5sp2.Used render effect filters : color balance, brightness&contrast, MdFilter, Defocus, Film Grain. I used onyx broadleaf and free models from evermotion. The scene contains about 5 million polygons. I left everything in geometry so the render needed about 5-6GB RAM and 1 hour on my Core2 Quad. I hope you like it!
    Last edited by steve_cole; 2009-06-06 at 08:19 PM. Reason: final image submitted
  2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Work in progress pictures below.
  3. Join Date
    Nov 2004

wow excellent one! congratulations steve_cole !!!

mia
  4. Join Date
    Feb 2007

excellent, good work :-)
  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

hey man, really nice, where i can find these plugins ? a ?
  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

great picture, steve.*****
    YannicK.
  7. Join Date
    May 2009

Final Rendering

Hi everyone,
    Attached is my final rendering for the competition.

Thank you
  8. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Very nice , you make me feel
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2006

simply and nice! thumbs up!
  10. Join Date
    May 2007

Son ambiance très sentiment , je l'aime
    Cordialement !
  11. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Hey wtaherie good advertisment
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Quote:
    Originally posted by: wtaherie
    Hi everyone,
    Attached is my final rendering for the competition.

Thank you

Your work is nice, but I think you should start on your own thread, and delete your submission from my thread.Thanks
  13. Join Date
    Jan 2005

one of my favorites! good luck
  14. Join Date
    Nov 2004

IMO having the software advantage of making post processing to the render inside the 3d app makes a difference.......one that has nothing to do with personal abilities and your result (tho by the rules) is a post manipulated image .......so at the end its not a pure render........lucky you
  15. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Quote:
    Originally posted by: mia_
    IMO having the software advantage of making post processing to the render inside the 3d app makes a difference.......one that has nothing to do with personal abilities and your result (tho by the rules) is a post manipulated image .......so at the end its not a pure render........lucky you

Please read reply #84 and #86 at the rules and guidelines, everything was allowed inside 3ds max.
  16. Join Date
    Jun 2008

Final Image

Here is the final image for the Rendering Competition. I hope this makes it in.
    I did not see the wip post I submited yesterday. My attitude was to keep the scene as simple as possibe with the exception of the wind garden. Dual Xeon, 4 Gigs ram about 2 hours processing.

All the best,
    Michael
  17. Join Date
    Nov 2004

hey steve_cole please read once more my reply

I know its ok with the rules and I said that in my reply, this is just IMO (In My Opinion)
    and I admit I'm jealous as my software doesn't have the same features
    still you have to admit its an advantage you have just cos of the software used

nothing bad intended, wish you all the luck

mia
  18. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Sorry I read it again, now I understand you(my english is poor...)! and also I wish you all the luck!
  19. Join Date
    Jun 2007

great as usual "Steve_Cole", I hoped you don't take your chance in the competition , just kidding of course . Very realistic and nice mood you've achieved, wish you luck , Alex .
    Last edited by neveroqtno; 2009-05-31 at 09:31 PM.
  20. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Your render was a nice surprise of the competition as it showed up last days... i really like the feeling... congratulations!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff