Hi everyone.

(Not sure if this is the correct place to post these questions.)

I will soon embark on a 2D platform game(think Loco Roco & Rolando) for the IPhone and have some questions you might be able to help me with.

All graphics will be done by me in Adobe Illustrator before transferring them to 3ds Max as our programmer's pipeline starts from there and it's also where we will do the animations.

I have good knowledge in both pieces of software but very little experience with working from one to the other. By knowledge stops at saving my vectors as Illustrator 8 so Max can read the files. There isn't really much of a problem when you have just a few simple shapes but now there will be a great number of objects to keep track of.

I'm looking for an easy way of handling the transfer where the objects appear in Max as close as possible to it's original vector version. Preferable not just as outlines and with the correct colors and layers. Maybe there is a tool, plugin or tutorial I should be aware of?

I took at look at the creation of Loco Roco were they used Illustrator together with Maya. http://tinyurl.com/d2dvzo . I'm not sure if these are standard tools in Maya, but they sure look intuitive. A better layer organizer in Max would be a good start.

Thank you for helping out.

Best,
perfectheat