Page 2 of 12 1 123 ... 12 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Quote:
    Originally posted by: vray4softimagexsi
    Thanks for answering!!
    i have another couple of questions!
    I dont get this since my english is a bit poor sorry, am I able to use multiple 3d softwares for the composition ? I am aware i cant use Photoshop, but what about if i use Zbrush, or maybe 3 or 4 different 3d softwares for modeling and detailing ?

For example -> model an object in maya -> model another in 3dsmax -> detail in zbrush -> import everything in XSI and render it out with MR.

Thanks for answering
    Yes you can do detail; modify with another 3d application before render
    --
    http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3642/feeds5.gif
  2. Join Date
    Sep 2007

I am sorry, but I dont understand this 2 items:

* you can use premade models for the enviroment like trees, bushes, furnitures etc.
    * it is not allowed to use evermotion models or any other models that are licenced

What is 'any other models that are licensed' ? Can I use like Speedtree for example? Can I used images that are mapped onto a plane (billboard entourage)?
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2007

workaholic - yes you can

vray4softimagexsi - you can use as many softwares as you want

MikeJohnson - this time only an exterior scene

e76cfubr - if youmade a new thread in the competition sextion then yes you are in

mkashifafzal - yes evermotion users do nto have to register

"Meaning that i can submit my entry any time before the deadline without mentioning my intent to join prior to submission. Right????" yes
  4. Join Date
    Mar 2007

And please change your thread title to the forum nickname or your real name!!!
  5. Join Date
    May 2006

can i use evermotion models & shaders?
  6. Join Date
    Mar 2007

As it is in the rules no you can not use any licenced models that includes evermotion, but you can use free models from our free stuff and othr free models that are available on the net.

One more thing to the new users of evermotion - THE THREADS OF ALL NEW EVERMOTION USERS NEED TO BE MODERATED FIRST SO THE THREADS WILL BE NOT VISIBLE UNTIL ONE OF THE MODERATORS WILL CHECK IT FOR SPAM
  7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

1 - the evermotion textures can be used?
    2 - you can put furniture inside, as curtains and furniture?
  8. Join Date
    Mar 2005

I think Photoshop is not allowed is a good idea. This will show the real lighting/rendering skill of an artist.

Goodluck everyone.
  9. Join Date
    Jun 2005

So, I'm struggling with the whole--no licensed products thing. If its a rendering competition, why not use entourage you have purchased? I'm not a people or tree modeler, I do renderings. But rules are rules. I know I'm probably in the minority with that issue on this site.

That being said, can I use the foliage tool in max to create trees, then convert them to meshes once I win the competition?
  10. Join Date
    May 2007

hi, im getting some errors when i try to modify the model. Anyone else? for example, when i try to separate the water plane from the hole mesh maya crashes, or just when i delete one of its faces it also crashes. Probably has to do with my computer but as i have this kind of issues with .obj files i was wondering if it could be posible to get a more apropiate format, in my case .mb. Probably max users will prefer .3ds.
  11. Join Date
    May 2007

ok, dont need for new format, i just open it in max and export it to .fbx. now i can work around. i dont understand why maya (for mac) keeps importing so badly any other format other than .fbx or .mb, its i pain is the ass for me as an architect. Now im ready for competition, good luck to everybody
  12. Join Date
    Jun 2005

Quote:
    Originally posted by: rmaytee
    So, I'm struggling with the whole--no licensed products thing. If its a rendering competition, why not use entourage you have purchased? I'm not a people or tree modeler, I do renderings. But rules are rules. I know I'm probably in the minority with that issue on this site.

That being said, can I use the foliage tool in max to create trees, then convert them to meshes once I win the competition?
    Also, I get the whole no photoshop thing, but does that mean the sky too? Can we at least replace the sky in photoshop?
  13. Join Date
    Oct 2003

I can use ambient occlusion layer...?
  14. Join Date
    Jun 2008

=)

=) rmaytee - 'n exactly HOW are You goin' to use that oclusion map?..if You got to give out the raw render to judges =))) ?.. Just askin', 'cos i may not know the way of applying it (the oc pass) internaly..

Just one question.. Could I use COLLOR CORECT plugin?..as I remember it's free (at least was) =) 'n available for everyone =)

tom
  15. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Can we for example use evermotion tree?
  16. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Hay, How to add the image as a thumbnail. Thanks
  17. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Hi everybody!
    I was wondering if we can use models onyxtree or Xfrog for vegetation.
    Thanks!.
  18. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Hi there... what about Ozone or HDRI? can i use it? Thanks
  19. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Can we use from Evermotion products the free samples?
  20. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Hello, I'm logged and I had posted my Thread to entry at 12.45AM, but i can't see it. I know that it have to approved by the moderator, but i want to be sure that's all right...

Is it?

P.S.: sorry if my english is not very correct
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 2 of 12 1 123 ... 12 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff