Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006

Blackwell Reconstruction in 3D

I found the original image of this space in Google Image and decided to reconstruct it in 3D as a practise. I know it is not 100% perfectly match the original photo, because during the progress I found it is meaningless to make it 100% similar, I just want to have some fun, so I change some of the material and the lighting to what I want.

I used 3dsmax, Vray and photoshop.

Here is the original image: http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3...riginaljz6.jpg
    and the wireframe: http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6...ackwellil6.jpg
    (I didn't bookmark the site I got this image, so if anyone of you know where this image originate from, please let me know. Thank you.)

Any comments are welcome. Thank you. ^_^

Tecsun
    Last edited by tecsun; 2007-02-25 at 02:33 PM.
  2. Join Date
    Feb 2006

Ommmgggg.....my...thats very very good..
    I like these kind of work..reconstructing original images in 3d...hihihii...
    Good luck..mate nice work.
    Last edited by koolnits; 2009-08-10 at 07:22 AM.
  3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

awesome lighting mate.....a pro's work indeed......i just feel that the inside texture of the counter could have been better.....but..anyways mate...ur work is really really nice...
  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006

beautiful lighting technique
    Hi Guys!i think i'm a very low profile artist,bt need ur help solvin a prob
    Can any one tell me plz?
    my VRay Sun Light doesn't pass any glass material,the material acts like some times it goes black, and no light come into the room ever.
    Please help me on this.
    Thanks
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

gotcha........people observe the counter reflection carefully the environment light(white colour above the starcase) is reflected in black colour, he he.......... still 5 stars to you cause you struggled very much to achieve the realism.........i admire your work...........it is simply coool dude......!
  6. Join Date
    Jul 2006

riz1pnline............i should not be helping you in this thread but still this thread can help you solve your problem.........http://www.evermotion.org/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=57985
    next time please if you have any problems post your thread in tutorial and help section
  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

thnx bro,gotcha....................
  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006

i like your work
    so real image

can u tell me about the wood material for the wall near stair ?? what kind of reflection did u use ???
  9. Join Date
    Apr 2006

koolnits -
    Thank you. I'm very glad you like it, your reply give me motivation to make my next image better. Thanks~

vibhore_khandlwal -
    yupe! somebody told me the same comments. That part really spoil the whole thing, I must give it a revision before I put it into my portfolio folder.

riz1online -
    Hi, nice to meet you. I think it is the problem of your glass material. Do you turn on the affect shadow at the refraction there (I assume you used VrayMtl)? and also, if you're using Vray 1.5RC3, and your glass material is under Multi/sub object, light might not pass through the glass. A way to solve this is to wrap it with a Vray Blend Material, this should solve the problem.

coolpranz -
    aha~ you spot one more thing other than the weird texture behind the counter. That is actually... my second floor is too high than the original photo, so the shining windows do not reflect on the counter worktop. At first I was thinking to make it by lengthen the worktop, but still useless. and I'm not willing to adjust the second floor high anymore since I will need to re-model the whole staircase and railing. Therefore I just leave it. Hehe~ You are good at observing.
  10. Join Date
    Apr 2006

kinan.safi -
    I used a falloff map in the reflection slot and make it black and grey instead of black&white. and of coz, make it fresnel instead of perpendicular. After all, just choose a right wood diffuse map, adjust the glossiness. Remember don't enable bump map since it is a veneer.
  11. Join Date
    Feb 2006

hey,,,tecsun...can u explain us the lighting setup...,coz the sunlight is so good...almost real...!!! Vraysun?
    Thanks...
  12. Join Date
    Jan 2006

thank u for your replay
  13. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Really nice image. Excellent work. Are you using a Vray 2-sided material for your lamps?
  14. Join Date
    Apr 2006

koolnits -
    yupe, it is vraysun. and of coz I put a big plane of vraylight on the windows to simulate skylight. I don't like vraysky so I always make my own skylight.

kinan.safi -
    you're welcome.

jophus14 -
    yupe, it is 2-sided material, and the noise were added in photoshop later. Refraction is pretty but it takes too long to render so I change to 2sided.
  15. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Hi tecsun ,
    ur work is so real , glow effect done in PS ? can you tell me how to do it? and can you show more views ?
    congrats , ur work must be The Best Of Evermotion
  16. Join Date
    Apr 2006

Hi Hector_HN, thank for the reply. You're right about the glow effect, I use the wirecolor render element to make a selection of the windows section, then feather the selection, and adjust the Level to brighten it up.

I think I can't show another view in render image because my scene is only able to be display properly in this view angle since I didn't do anything outside the view. but however here are some preview in max, you can see how empty is the space.. hehe~

Second floor is very weird, LOL~
  17. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Hi tecsun , Thx for your tip , you are master !
  18. Join Date
    Sep 2005

amazing dude.. your render actually looks more real than the original. Great job. I imagine that it was hard to match the scale to all features. I usually work off true measurements from architects... your camera match is perfect.
  19. Join Date
    Dec 2006

very good work man.. and i am like this method in max to reconstructed
  20. Join Date
    Feb 2004

wouw man beautiful lighting technique
    what use (lights)
    great material your table lamps post settings please
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 2 12 2 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff