Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004

Fast modeling competition. Edition 1.

Hallo Evermotion users !

Today i would like to start new competition on our forum . The idea of it is to do model in less than 2 h. Every 2 weeks we will choose one the best model and person who done it will win one of our CD's (can choose which, only Archinteriors, Archmodels or Textures4ever).

In this week there is no subject. So you can do whatever you can imagine.

There are two things that you must to do to start in this contest:

1. Post in this thread screenshot from viewport of your model (wire and shaded).
    2. Eventually you can post some render, but we wouldn't entertain it in final judgment.
    3. Write how long it take to model it.

Lets the competition begin.

With regards
    Tomasz Wyszolmirski
    Evermotion Team
    Last edited by MF; 2006-12-14 at 10:58 AM.
  2. Join Date
    Jan 2004

This is only a example how your entry should look like

Modeling time: 2:05 h.

Screen:

Wire:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004

great idea i will start btw nice fly
  4. Join Date
    Jun 2005

render and modeling cannot exceed the 3 hours? or the 3 hours are single of modeled and to part render?
  5. Join Date
    Jan 2004

We wouldn't even entertain render so time 2 hours is only for modeling.

With regards
    Last edited by MF; 2006-12-14 at 10:00 PM.
  6. Join Date
    Feb 2006

nice idea !. but, the competators can be lie about modelling time ....
  7. Join Date
    Dec 2004

well it's all about the person liking what he's doing, so a person who is lieing about the modeling time wouldn't really make any use of the prize cuz of his character. Anyway, this is entertaining and I guess I will start. This will be the first competiton I take part in. C your models la8erzzzzzzz.
  8. Join Date
    Jun 2005

So where should i post the competition?

Hi there, here is my modeling attemp, might be look simple to others but it is a good starting for me. I try to do creature modeling instead architectural visualization. It took 45 minutes. To long for this simple statue isn`t it?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

very good idea!!! i'll try immediately to model something good!!!

byeeee!!!!
  10. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Hi there friends :]

Very nice idea, maybe I'll give it a try too.
  11. Join Date
    Sep 2004

HI !!
    great idea mf
    ok
    i made a cockroach
    time for modeling 1h45min
    ps. first post vorek--> you have too first post on this forum

Last edited by nielot007; 2006-12-14 at 01:36 PM.
  12. Join Date
    Dec 2006

My first post - helloooo all

Did this "octopus" in 1h 20 min without reference or concept - now, I'm regerting this, coz I think I could use some help on the design stage for this one Well, nex time I will make concept first, or use one.

Grat models so far peple Keep it coming

cheers!
    Last edited by ziomus; 2006-12-14 at 10:01 PM.
  13. Join Date
    Jan 2005

My first post too... regards to max3d.pl members
    I created butterfly, it takes 1.55h, and have 1404polys (without eyes) or 3324 (with eyes)
  14. Join Date
    Aug 2004

excelent speedmodels everyone! I specially fall in love at cockroach
    Im not shure that I would properly chamfer a box at this time
    -regarding competition: as people started posting insects, you can easelly call it insectspeed modelling(well except the transmutated octopuss

And proposal for fair play: is it possible that people had to send start empty max file, and finished max file, so judges can compare creating times of them? Does changing the clock in system or bios, would affect this?
    -I think, you should host then master empty max file with your info in it, and compare when someone took it from your site, and when return finished artwork... presumed that one immediatelly start work on this... oh well
  15. Join Date
    Aug 2004

... I did disregard the fact that not everyone work in 3dsmax, but principles are the same in my idea of fair play
  16. Join Date
    Aug 2006

Thanks a lot for the opportunity. I'll try as soon as possible.
    Good luck to everyone.
  17. Join Date
    Oct 2004

interesting ideea. I`ll give it a try too.
  18. Join Date
    Apr 2004

Congratulations....nice competition
  19. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    excelent speedmodels everyone! I specially fall in love at cockroach
    Im not shure that I would properly chamfer a box at this time
    -regarding competition: as people started posting insects, you can easelly call it insectspeed modelling(well except the transmutated octopuss

And proposal for fair play: is it possible that people had to send start empty max file, and finished max file, so judges can compare creating times of them? Does changing the clock in system or bios, would affect this?
    -I think, you should host then master empty max file with your info in it, and compare when someone took it from your site, and when return finished artwork... presumed that one immediatelly start work on this... oh well
    That's a little inconvenient. Who will manage this ? What if I have some breaks during work ?
    In easier version you send just 2 files: when starting and finishing work at one time (if I understand you propertly), but what if I create the empty file later - in middle-work stage ? In harder you send empty file when you start modeling and after 2 hours you send finished one, but you can prepare the model earlier... And as I mention earlier: What if I make a breake ?
    In my opinion good solution doesn't exist... Unfortunately
  20. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    That's a little inconvenient. Who will manage this ? What if I have some breaks during work ?
    In easier version you send just 2 files: when starting and finishing work at one time (if I understand you propertly), but what if I create the empty file later - in middle-work stage ? In harder you send empty file when you start modeling and after 2 hours you send finished one, but you can prepare the model earlier... And as I mention earlier: What if I make a breake ?
    In my opinion good solution doesn't exist... Unfortunately
    Yes, You are right: it must relay to people honesty. Otherway, ti'll be too birocratic, time consuming or complicated, and still not bulletproof. And as said in intro, it is for learning purposes, and kickoff that people need to start. If someone intend to cheat, Im not shure what good it is for him... since we are here for healthy competitive fun of learning and improving our skills
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff