Page 4 of 8 1 ... 345 ... 8 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Caligrapha...

Who do you think this challenge was supposed to benefit? 25,000 worth of gear is just a sum of all the products companies put together to earn some advertising space.

Even if 10 companies sign, thats 2 thousand dollars each for 3 months of posting logos and promos.
    For a 3D software company, 2 thousand dollars worth of software is more like $200 in material costs.

I think this challenge is fantastic but the aim here is not getting greedy and demanding prizes, its paving way for future competitions as a result of community expansion.

If the organisers feel that the challenge has not recieved enough entries, then they should extend the deadline and wait for more. Simple.

Futhermore, how do you know if entries are still being discreetly submitted? ...
  2. Join Date
    May 2004

you can't get a comunity expansion if someone who is new to the forum is treated this way ...

look at this http://www.evermotion.org/forum/view...?p=49493#49493
    why for the polish the deadline has been pushed a little bit? this is not fair i think ....that is how i know that entries are still dicreetly submitted. if you are from poland you are accepted to send your work even after the deadline.

Quote:
    f the organisers feel that the challenge has not recieved enough entries, then they should extend the deadline and wait for more. Simple.
    it's not just simple! it's like saying: we don't begin the F1 season because M.Schumacher is having some problems and he cannot run in the first two rounds. if a rule said that if there are not over <n> participants the deadline will be extended, everything would be ok, but asa soon as there is not such a rule.......

i think that you don't know what a deadline or a rule really means. also i won't answer any reply of this kind only after the voting process because i think that there are other that think like me too but are afraid to say it because they could lose some votes. so why should i do it?

all the best,
    calligrapha

Quote:
    I think this challenge is fantastic but the aim here is not getting greedy and demanding prizes
    i think that we should participate at the comp's. in order to win and take the prizes. everyone wants that. of course there can be only one winner, but i preffer him to be one that respected the rules, even it's not the best image.
  3. Join Date
    May 2004

I submitted my entry on the 13th of February and still have not recieved any ackowledgment of my entry. Should I be worried?
  4. Join Date
    Aug 2004

caligrapha,

In a way I agree with you, I read the post you referred to before and I dont doubt that there might be some problems with this competition.

I just wanted to correct you on one thing.. There will be more than one winner considering the prizes available.

Best of luck ;-)
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Hi...

i think all the challenge process need to be remake...we dont have any ideia of numbers of challengers...a lot of people has finished and email their projects...and even open a topic to say "hello..im here too..this is my ideia..."
    I think anybody has the ideia of the size of this thing...no one can measure if the theres a real chance to win...nobody knows every thing...all I know is that 20.II.2005 the vote process begin...i hope that the winner will not be the member with the biggest family....but the best work...
    Its easy to any member create a great number of fake registered members and get a lot of votes...
    Its easy I take or buy a hole project ready and done...and post at the last day...and get all the prizes....whatever...i think it should be alittle more estructured to prevente a lot of fails

well...its too late...now we must only pray for a fair voting week...and let the really best project win..

good luck for us

JulianoCastro
  6. Join Date
    May 2004

julianocastro ... i totally agree with you ....

and i'm worried because my family has only 4 members
  7. Join Date
    Jul 2004

hahahah...
    too bad wish to be a bunny and have a huge family too...hahahah
    I think the worries about the fails and about fraude in this challenge is in the mind of a lot of people...but i think its a good learning for the next challenges...i work hard to get my work done...unfortunately theres no way to know if my work is in the same quality level of the hole competition....i dont know if just theres a level...Heres a hopeless sugestion...maybe a realtime feed back about the votings will kill the curiosity inside our hearts....i know maybe theres a loto of entries to show....but let say...the projection of the 10 more voted should be showed for each category....

well...just thoughts...

see ay in the voting

JulianoCastro
  8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Some very good points.

Lets hope the next competition will be more structured.

I agree with the WIP.. and the fact someone can have 6 family members and 7 copies of 3DS max.. scary thought. After all if you really are a pro 3D animator, you most likely have a job.. if you have a job then you dont have time for these competitions ;-)

Chao.
  9. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    Its easy to any member create a great number of fake registered members and get a lot of votes...
    But remember that's is very easy to check of IP of people who voting
    It' s normal procedure in voting process i think.

People just relax i know i know prizes I think that evermotion administrators will check every vote. And don't allow fake votes to reality.

Every who will try to cheat is only a CHEATER not 3d artist's.
    If U (who read this) and try to cheat a votes i suggest U to think over your existence in 3d brotherhood and your life :twisted:

Remember it's first evermotion big challenge. Everybody learn from self errors. I suggest everybody (post this challenge) to express ideas on this thread Ideas and suggestions (future bigger challenges)
    Be cool

Best regards
    neosim
  10. Join Date
    Jul 2004

i agrree with you neosim...good points...let the experience make us strong

bye

JulianoCastro
  11. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Quote:
    dont know if just theres a level...Heres a hopeless sugestion...maybe a realtime feed back about the votings will kill the curiosity inside our hearts....
    I hope votin WON'T BE public - in other words they should never, ever display and update count of votes during voting.

That would be total joke - public voting would lead to things like - both voting against people with highest counts of votes and blindly voting towards people on top of the list.

This challenge is not perfect, but lets take it easy.

I don't really care about prize, I liked the idea of the challenge and wanted to do something personal so I did.
    Juliano, you can check my entry in animation section of this forum, no animation is posted but stills and my small "making of" should give you good idea about my entry. I promise to update my post at least 2 times before challenge ends, so I give back some to community - I didn't have time to do it during challenge.

Good luck everyone and I hope next challenge will have proffesional jury instead of popularity contest.
  12. Join Date
    Jul 2004

well...the bad news is...the voting will be public!!!

i agrree with you about showing votes...but for me...the learning and sharing should be have much more importance than prizes for the community at all...

this challnege was nothing but..."hey!!!! I have 25000 in prizes...send me your work and I send to you the prizes!!!"...theres no growing up for community....thats why i stop to post on my topic....i realize that every body was hiding their projects, tecniques even they problems in production...and everybody is just running for the prizes...so I join the game...i leave the topic as it is....

i think that sharing results, problems and solution will not make other projects better than mine...i think a good project starts from a main idea/concept and then begins to grow...it the whole process that make a good project really good...

So, i stoped to share and join the crazy race for the prizes..like everybody i want to win an alienware too :P ...but inside im very happy just because i ended it...end it was the real challnege for me...and im very happy...even if i dont take home the alienware....

after the end of votation process (winning or losing it) i will post the making off (as soon as possible) just to share with the community my learning...i think everybody should do that too...

well thats it...the hope never dies

JulianoCastro
  13. Join Date
    May 2004

about the votes ..... there can be used a poll so the user will be able to see the standings only after he voted, and no one to be allowed to say for whom they voted...this way are eliminated both voting against people with highest counts of votes and blindly voting towards people on top of the list.
  14. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Quote:
    well...the bad news is...the voting will be public!!!
    Man, I hope it's not true...

Never, ever, for any reasons in a challenge like that the count of votes should be displayed before voting ends.

Someone can see that he has only a few votes less than the other guy and get some people basically from the street to vote for him. This is only one possibilty of maipulating the results.

Can some of administrators clear things for us?
  15. Join Date
    Jul 2004

i made a sugestion for next challenges that maybe can work at this one...after votatiion begins...no new user are alowwed to vote
    this works well in a contest at 3d4all.org....if new users...registered after voting starts...are not allowed to vote...this will prevent this kind of dirt trick....
  16. Join Date
    Mar 2004

You know, public voting is not a bad thing. As a former mod and contest organizer from another site, we experienced nothing but good from the community voting on the contest.
    It works, and it works well - granted, there will be a few people out there trying to get one over - but on the whole, it's a good system and more importantly gets the community involved in deciding. win- win in my eyes.

My only issue with this challange is the lack of communication from the contest organizers.
    I submitted work several months ago and to this day I still have not recieved confirmation of reciept nor have any of the admins, mods, or organizers answered any of my questions in this thread. To me, that does not bode well.
  17. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Just to clarify things, by "public voting" I mean, voting process, in other words displaying and updating vote count during voting.

Not "voting by public" or voting by users of the forum.
  18. Join Date
    Dec 2003

I thing that evermotion team coudnt count users wchih register after start voting time

edit....>a little mistake : ]
  19. Join Date
    May 2004

yes ... i think this is a good precaution, that should be used by default

what do you say about my poll-purpose?
  20. Join Date
    Nov 2003

nice ide

p.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 4 of 8 1 ... 345 ... 8 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff