Page 3 of 8 1 ... 234 ... 8 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004

OT Reply

RePlay- I really don't have any experience w/ vray and Poser. While i'm sure the effects are impressive, I'm only using Poser 4 right now. You might try Renderosity if you haven't already, someone there may have the experience you are looking for.

Thanx,

Scimitar
  2. Join Date
    Mar 2004

just about poser and 3ds

i tried to use poser figures with finalRender, i think it is the same with Vray... but i don't know any possibility to export dynamic props from poser to max (maybe with bodystudio plugin but it works till max 5 i think...)
    i also tried the digimation gesturemax plugin to import poser figures but it is really painfull to make it work well: there are to many polygons in these figures to weight properly your skin (or physique)...
  3. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Hi
    im have a entry running on the animation challenge...but theres something that dont leave my mind...
    should not have a rule that protect us that is showing some progress and post our wips...from some guy that already have a cool good project ready, and will just post at the last week and win the prize? i think the good thing about contests is the learning process...and the progress...
    i will feel too bad...if some guy do that at the last moments post some amazing stuuf here and take all the prizes...
    maybe post some wips during the hcallenge could be a good idea...

thanks for listenning

JulianoCastro
  4. Join Date
    Oct 2003

You talking right Juliano.

Because we share our WIP's screens we have smaller chance to make a surprise on audience i think. This situation don't make equal chance to win something in challenge.
    Of course that the knowledge that we reach making our animation is the best private prize for Us but is a Competition and we want to win this shining electronic box 8] Everybody knows that challenges are for non-proffesionalists. Proffesionalists workin on other bigger projects. In this bezier curved way i wanted to say that everybody should have share WIP's screens and proof that the animation started in head and ended on computer screen in animation form and how it is making. That's are equally chances for all. But Regulation say that We don't must to share our WIP process....
    I agree with Juliano.

Speaking openly I don't want to show everything in my WIP topic because i want to leave some surprise at the end. In ended film.

Regards
    Neosim
  5. Join Date
    Jul 2004

well
    i think is better if I dont post anithing any more...just the final piece...
    my intention are to post some story boards...animatics...and stuff like that...just to share some thnig cool...for leranig...but...i think is better to hide my project and make a great boom in the end....

see you all in the end

bye

Juliano
  6. Join Date
    Oct 2003

I propose new topic about our suggestions for future challenges.
    Regards
    neosim
  7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Ya know, I submitted an entry quite some time ago and never recieved a responce from the team. Should I be worried?

Will there be a gallery setup to view the entries?
  8. Join Date
    Dec 2004

I suppose that, since it is required to design & model a pc-box this doesn't include a monitor, a mouse, a keyboard, etc.
    Just asking, to be sure.
  9. Join Date
    Mar 2004

For everyone who uses poser figures, I don't think should be penalized by the audience at large. They are a great way of filling a gap where most modellers have a problem wrapping thier head around "natural" modelling. I know I have that issue.

Besides, I've seen some extrodinary artwork created using the poser figures. It's not the model or the tool, but the hands manipulating them.

I use poser figures with the clothFx plugin. For those of you using gesturemax or Body Studio and are having an issue with the highres figures, try using the lower res figures and applying the smooth modifier as necessary. It can be a bit of a headache, but I have had no real major issues in incorporating both high and low res figures in a scene. Just import each figure (including props) seperately intothe final scene.
  10. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Hi , i finished send my entry to evermotion email , i enter still and animation category ,do u have confirm email back that
    u recieve file properly? because i use yousendit link ,and it available only 7 days , so i know that my file work or not

monsitj@hotmail.com
  11. Join Date
    May 2004

i also sent my entry to info@evermotion.org and i didn't get a confirmation email ..... what's happening? did anyone received one?

hope i'll be given an answer quickly so i can fix the eventual mistakes.

all the best
  12. Join Date
    Nov 2004

I just sent in my data to the same adress and I really hope that they are fine with that. I attached the thumbnail and wireframe image and linked them to my animation which is hosted on my webserver.
    I believe I did everything correct....

Good luck to everyone!

P.S. I have't received a confirmation email as well...
  13. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Yes, I did get confirmation email from Pendzel yesterday. I'd not worry too much about it.

Good to see more entires in animation!!
  14. Join Date
    Jun 2004

hey i have a little very stupid problem , my machine crash due last rending and i have to whait whole render again :x but there is no time for that
    do i have a few ours more to whait it again ?

[ Added: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:34 pm ]
    i wod be very thankful if someone respond :?
  15. Join Date
    Aug 2004

String,

I believe you can still submit maybe 3 days after due date because they have factored in problems such as yours.

Whats more important is the quality of your work so if you have a fantastic submission.. I dont think they would have a problem

Next time render out in seperate bitmaps and compose the final render in premier or after effects etc.

Good Luck.
  16. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Quote:
    I believe you can still submit maybe 3 days after due date because they have factored in problems such as yours.

Whats more important is the quality of your work so if you have a fantastic submission.. I dont think they would have a problem
    Well, that would be not fair and would place a credibility of the whole competition under huge question mark.

Why write in rules that submission date is 15.02? Lots of people have taken it seriously and planned ahead for possible crashes/mistakes etc.

I don't mean few hours back or forth but 3 days after date? If I'd have 3 more days I'd improve my work at least 10-15%.

I hope evermotion crew treat the rules written by themsleves seriously.
  17. Join Date
    Aug 2004

I said I "think" this is possible because I remember reading a post about the competition written by the administrator that they may still accept if the project is a little late.

I believe the organisers are very serious about this competition but remember they still hold all the rights to the competition. They can change the rules at will.

Rather than tell a participant that they are too late and all the hours they spent working on their project is lost, I would prefer to give them a glimmer of hope and let the judges personally decide if his project is still acceptable.

These competitions are for fun and for helping people develop their skills and show them to the world.

Finally if you were allowed to fix your project 10% then why would you argue?
  18. Join Date
    May 2004

it's a competiton ...if you want to have fun or helping people develop their skills and show them to the world you can post in the 3d section ... competition means you have to respect the rules ....

if there is something i didn't like at this forum/competition (i have to mention is my first competition here) is that the rules are not respected. If it says 15 feb you have to submit your work until then. This means not 3 days later or even one hour later. The participants must calculate the time including possible problems/cracks/other stuff.

other thing i don't like is that the orginaziers seem that are not interested. i submitted my work sunday and i didn't got any confirmation. now the deadline arrived and if something is wrong i can't fix anything. there should be one "official" person that should ask any question imediatly after it is posted ....

i hope the organizers would do their best at least in the same way as we (the competitors) are trying to do ours

all the best,
    calligrapha

PS: I didn't want to offense anybody.

[ Added: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:54 am ]
    Quote:
    Finally if you were allowed to fix your project 10% then why would you argue?
    if all the participants will be let to improve the quality by 10% then the proportions will be kept and the winners would be the same as if they would let their images as they are ...so ....
  19. Join Date
    Nov 2004

well, challenge is over, deadline has passed... so what ?
    Not even the smallest hint/comment/thread whatever on this site about that...
    I sent in my project and haven't got any reply yet. I would take a challenge with 25000$ prices a little more serious.( no offense)
    when can the entries be seen? and where?
    anyway, I had at least a great time finishing this project and I would suggest more stabilty and moderation for upcoming challenges. And most defenitely rules for posting WIP's.
    good luck for everyone,
    Tora_2097
  20. Join Date
    Jul 2004

Ciao Guys I'm happy for partecipate to this challenge Good Luck at you!!!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 3 of 8 1 ... 234 ... 8 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff