good like evreybody i am part of the race :wink:
  2. Join Date
    May 2004

yeah yeah ... it's just a challenge ...

p.s. respect for prizes.
  3. Join Date
    Oct 2003

hi everyone...I was reading the rulles and in this thread is write
    "The Alienware Evermotion Challenge is open to 3D rendering enthusiasts worldwide to submit artwork from the 1st of November 2004 to the 1st of February 2005"
    and on http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold=contest
    "Entrants are able to send contest projects up until 15.II.2005 "
    what's the real end of submission?

what is LDR JPG format?
  4. Join Date
    May 2004

Is there age or location restrinctions? Im 14 and I would like to participate, I wanted to participate in the ATI Skin contest, but it is just only for persons that are 18 ages old and only for US and Canada.
  5. Join Date
    Nov 2004

In the rule it says that a form will be sent to the e-mail address which has to be filled with and submitted with the project, I signed up but did'nt recieve any form. what's up.
  6. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    Is there age or location restrinctions? Im 14 and I would like to participate, I wanted to participate in the ATI Skin contest, but it is just only for persons that are 18 ages old and only for US and Canada.
    AFAIK no, I'm 15 and there was no problem with participation. But i should bring PENdzel here
    to answer the question concerning the dates.
  7. Join Date
    Jun 2004

i have a question too , "machines must be mechanical, not electrical" (for the flying machins) , is this mean that the planes in fackt has to be retro style ?
    coud you be more specific for the meaning of the electrical?
    thanks in advance
  8. Join Date
    Mar 2004

First, good luck everyone: This contest ought to produce some really excellant and brillant results.

I have submitted an entry recently and have not recieved an acknowledgement of reciept
    should I be worried?

also I'll re-ask a previous question: What do you mean by "LDR JPG"

Thanks
  9. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Software Restrictions?

Could not find an answer to my question below on the rules page...

Are there any software restrictions?

thx-
    |rossimo|
  10. Join Date
    Sep 2003

rossimo: make any 3d software You want
  11. Join Date
    Jan 2004

Life is beautiful, and then you come round...

Hello! I'm new here, and have the same question as someone bofore... I have subscribed to the challenge, but havn't reveived any form... or confirmation mail... Is it supposed to be like that?
  12. Join Date
    Dec 2004

first of all: hello, and good luck to all
    well, let's ask now:
    I suppose I can participate on the Industrial Design challenge with more than one image. right? ...if I want to do, for example a robot design and a, let's say, a car design. (just wanna to be sure)
    The final (3d) image can be modified with a 2d software (like Photoshop)?
    There must be an emviroment in the back of the object (I'm refering to the objects from the IndustrialDesign challenge)? And if yes, it has to be a gradient like emviroment, or a fully modelled emviroment?
  13. Join Date
    May 2004

i want to participate at this competition but i have some questions:

1. can i post process the image in photoshop, or add some objects after i render the final image? i mean can i make a kind of "little matte painting" or the image must come directly from 3d max renderer?

2. the competitors must show a wireframe or something to prove the authenticity of the work?

that's all for now ...
  14. Join Date
    Dec 2004

TODAY IS THURSDAY, 23rd OF DECEMBER!
    WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?
    IN FOUR DAYS, IT WILL BE A MONTH SINCE A FORUM ADMINISTRATOR HADN'T THOUGHT TO VERIFY IF SOMEONE HAD PUT ANY NEW QUESTION ABOUT THIS "CONTEST".
    I'M WONDERING IF THIS CONTEST IS FOR REAL, OR IT'S JUST A WAY TO BRING NEW USERS ON EVERMOTION.ORG
    LOOK! THE LAST POST OF PENdzel (THE ONE THAT OPPENED THE THREAD AND THAT IS SUPPOSED TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS, I BELIEVE) IN THIS THREAD WAS ON Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:10 pm. BY LOOKING INTO PENdzel'S PROFILE, I NOTICED THAT HIS LAST POST ON EVERMOTION WAS ON Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:32 pm SO, HE DID LOG IN AFTER NOVEMBER 27th

I REALLY DON'T WANNA BE BANNED AFTER THIS POST, BUT THE THING THAT IS GOING ON HERE IS A LITTLE STRANGE. IT'S LIKE WE AREN'T ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE ON THIS CHALLENGE

[ Added: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:40 pm ]
    and one more thing.
    I see that the sum of all challenge entrants, from all 3 categories is 36
    Now, if I'm not wrong, and I know I'm not, this means that If I enter in the contest too I'll have an aproximately 25% chance to win one of the 10 awards. :twisted:
  15. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    Life is beautiful, and then you come round...

Hello! I'm new here, and have the same question as someone bofore... I have subscribed to the challenge, but havn't reveived any form... or confirmation mail... Is it supposed to be like that?

HI there, did you type correct e-maill address? If yes, you should recive copy of your form.

[ Added: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:15 am ]
    Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    first of all: hello, and good luck to all
    well, let's ask now:
    I suppose I can participate on the Industrial Design challenge with more than one image. right? ...if I want to do, for example a robot design and a, let's say, a car design. (just wanna to be sure)
    Yes, that's right. You can add as many project as you want.

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    The final (3d) image can be modified with a 2d software (like Photoshop)?
    There must be an emviroment in the back of the object (I'm refering to the objects from the IndustrialDesign challenge)? And if yes, it has to be a gradient like emviroment, or a fully modelled emviroment?

Yes, you are able to use 2d program in post production.
    In InDesign category you don't have to make environmetn - it is a category where you have to create new things, but remember - better render(environment, light and textyres) will make better view...

[ Added: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:17 am ]
    Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    i want to participate at this competition but i have some questions:

1. can i post process the image in photoshop, or add some objects after i render the final image? i mean can i make a kind of "little matte painting" or the image must come directly from 3d max renderer?

2. the competitors must show a wireframe or something to prove the authenticity of the work?

that's all for now ...
    1. Yes, you can make some matte paiting, but remmeber this is a 3d contest, so I you will send final image and wire and there will be for example 70% of matte paiting on th efinal image you will be banned.

2. As we said in rules, you hav to send final render and add wire to prove the authenticity.

[ Added: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:22 am ]
    Ok, and now it is my turn to say SORRY.

This is another time that we have been disappoited by moderators... as I see we still have to watching everything all the time.

Please, forgive to Evermotion Team, I will be checking this thread in the future.
  16. Join Date
    Nov 2004

Hi to everybody,
    first of all I want to wish you good luck and good work! :wink:

I didn't received the entry form in my email address; I've checked it on my profile and all is right typed (moreover I'm receiving your newsletter). Please if you can send me a copy.
    The questions before are useful to me too, so thanks.
    Could you clarify better the deadline time? 15 Febrary 2005 12pm GMT, right?

Thanks in advance and have a nice Xmas time.
    Cheers,
    Speedline
  17. Join Date
    May 2004

by the way, what form must we receive in the mail? i only got a message with the information i'd submitted.
  18. Join Date
    Dec 2004

The rules do not appear to specifically prohibit the use of 3rd party models - Poser, model libraries etc. Is this true? Can premade models be used as part of your entry? I just want to clarify.

Thanks,

Scimitar
  19. Join Date
    Aug 2004

OT - question to peer

Scimitar

Just wanted to ask you if you had any experience using Poser Models with V-ray.
    In particular.. have you ever used the dynamic Hair? Its impressive but render times increase 20 times over when you use hair.

I will not be using 3rd Party models as I think it will cost a few votes.
    One guy did it on CGnetworks a while ago on his piece and lost some respect.

Thanks.

[ Added: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:17 pm ]
    Skip,

I believe that there are a lot of "guests" working on their competition entries. I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be more entries as comp time reaches its end.

The 30 or so people registered because they are sharing their work. Most people cant find the time to do so.

This is just a thought. I dont think this competition is a conspiracy. 25,000 is a bit of money but not that much when you divide across all the companies. Still its an excellent step forward by Evermotion and I'm sure the talent out there will make this competition worthwile for Evermotion.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this comp is that there should have been some money allocated to hosting as the website is very slow and people sharing movieclips etc would have benefited.

However like I said I love this place and the competition has boosted my motivation and even if I dont win, I would have learn a heck of a lot during the process.

Chao.
  20. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    I didn't received the entry form in my email address;

Could you clarify better the deadline time? 15 Febrary 2005 12pm GMT, right?
    Ok, I will forward your ask to our tech guy.

With deadline.... to be honest... we and you are only human so FEW HOURS in this or that way will not banned you

[ Added: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:22 pm ]
    Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    by the way, what form must we receive in the mail? i only got a message with the information i'd submitted.

That's all - those info is in our data base. When you will send us your final artwork you have to resend this copy, so we will be sure that you did this form

[ Added: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:30 pm ]
    Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    The rules do not appear to specifically prohibit the use of 3rd party models - Poser, model libraries etc. Is this true? Can premade models be used as part of your entry? I just want to clarify.

Thanks,

Scimitar

Well, you are able to use any 3d models you want - to be honest... it is very hard to make good looking render with poser models as a main part of image... on the second hand - when you want to create some battle with hundrets of men in the second plan it is natural to use poser.

[ Added: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:35 pm ]
    Quote:
    Originally posted by:
    I believe that there are a lot of "guests" working on their competition entries. I can pretty much guarantee you that there will be more entries as comp time reaches its end.

The 30 or so people registered because they are sharing their work. Most people cant find the time to do so.

This is just a thought. I dont think this competition is a conspiracy. 25,000 is a bit of money but not that much when you divide across all the companies. Still its an excellent step forward by Evermotion and I'm sure the talent out there will make this competition worthwile for Evermotion.

I think the only thing that bothers me about this comp is that there should have been some money allocated to hosting as the website is very slow and people sharing movieclips etc would have benefited.

However like I said I love this place and the competition has boosted my motivation and even if I dont win, I would have learn a heck of a lot during the process.

Chao.

THX for you words... we hope that there will be much more entries too....

about server...this is our bigest problem. As far we are not able to buy better server - but on 99% we will have it befor ending of the contest
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 2 of 8 1 123 ... 8 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff