1. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Challenge 6: Particle Rocketexhaust & Explosion

Started working on some particlestuff for the challenge. Want to enhance my skills at making smoke/fire using native 3DSMax without any plugins. Thought I would blow something up with a high particlecount The question is .. What will I blow up.. Maybe something that will leave a burned out mark of "Evermotion" - We will see. I havent gotten very far, and I am not pleased with the looks of it yet, so I will only post the PFlow tree for you to look at

http://www.dagthomasolsen.com/kablaam.jpg

Already its beginning to get very big. Lets hope my puny machine will handle it
  2. Join Date
    Dec 2003

OMG! I thought that my PFlow tree is "a bit" to complicated, but Yours is EXTREMELY complicated :shock:
    My PC will refuse computing so many particles with so many deflectors... One frame would take about 5 minutes to render... I think so...
    Going back to Your work - I'm waiting for some stills or animations.

PS: Are you really going to use sphere particles? Or You will change them into facing?
  3. Join Date
    Mar 2004

I am still unsure what I will be making. Probably I will make lots of things and pick out what is best, or continue with what I like the most. Maybe I will not manage to complete anything cool at all

I usually blend different kinds together. If I work with other than black background and want a shot with an animated camera I choose spheres, cause then you get better volumetrics, and have the oppertunity to use bumpmaps at a good level.
  4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Dude amazing partical system keep working !
  5. Join Date
    Dec 2003

When can we expect an update? I'd really like to see some stills or tests of your animation.
    greets
    kozioo
  6. Join Date
    Jan 2004

Come on if you know Deetee as good as we do you know he is the particle master. Deetee do you think in PFlow or something heheheh
  7. Join Date
    Dec 2003

I know he's really good. That's why I'd like to see some animations
  8. Join Date
    Mar 2004

hey

My whole computer crashed some weeks ago, and its totally busted Lightning struck down in my appartment and destroyed most of my household equipment including my computer, tv, stereo etc. So all my max scenes are destroyed if the HD cant be fixed. I have my laptop tho, but its kinda weak. I will buy a new PC in August when I get money from work. Kinda sad story :/
  9. Join Date
    Dec 2003

:/ That's really sad....
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff