Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004

CHALLENGE 4: TABOO

hi guys.
    i gues i am having the sweet hangover from Challenge 3, i am little bit late to participate on Challenge 4. i love the topic again, but i am not sure if i can finish my idea... lets see.

i will start a bit different for this one. Here is my sketch for the composition. i did so many sketches (fast), but i think i like the composition. My aim is to show the translucency of the flowers and also crazy caustics from the glass vase... (and maybe the grass out of the window). i like to have also positive/negative effect with the light coming from the window, and a dramatic look because of the child point of view camera angle.
    btw, i didnt decide yet the vase and the flowers.... (good luck to me on this one) ops:

Here is the not very well done sketches.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Ali Tan Ucer.
  2. Join Date
    Jan 2004

hi again.
    here my vase.
    now i am going to do the enviroment.
  3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

hey great that you are participating again and i hope u will kick ass like before good luck!

...owh and glass&caustics look good
  4. Join Date
    Feb 2004

Hi!
    This is looking very good. Would you mind telling me how you do the water effect in the vase?
    I would like to participate on this challenge, but as I want to do a vase as well there is no point on doing it if I can't get the water looking nice.
  5. Join Date
    Sep 2003

WOW taboo!!!
  6. Join Date
    Jan 2004

thank you guys.
    it is been a pleasure to be in this forum.
    xerife, i really want to tell it but.... you know, it is very very tricky.
    i think i will talk about it after the challenge is done.
    i recognize that, my composition is not reflecting the beauty of the water very well.. maybe i will come up with a different compositon.
    we'll see...
    i will send an update very soon.
  7. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Exellent work again...
  8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

man, that glass looks great. maybe caustics shoulde be more subtle but tha vase is just outstanding
  9. Join Date
    Feb 2004

:wink: taboo I understand you. But I when the contest is over, if you don’t mind, please give me some help on that water effect :idea:
  10. Join Date
    Dec 2003

He he Hi taboo,,, funy.... because my conception is very resembling to yours... hehe but now I have problems with caustck,,,: (,,,
  11. Join Date
    Dec 2003

Very good work taboo. Perhaps just too much caustics.

Can't wait to see your flowers...

PS : By the way, your web site look very professionnal. Let me know when it is finished.
  12. Join Date
    Jan 2004

thank you very much guys.
    i am trying to put together the composition now.
    what do you think about this.
    btw, i decided to model daylily for my flowers.... i think it will be very very challenging to work on those lovely flowers. i have to do alot of research.

please tell me guys, what do you think about this camera angle.
    i am afraid the flowers will be a bit small... i dont know.. maybe i have to zoom a bit.
    btw, i will lower the bump map on the window frame... i didnt like it much. and also i will increase the caustics.

Thanks again for your nice comments..
  13. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Hmm. I thing that flowers must be in the most space of take. So you have to make big bouquet of flowers or shrink the camera take . Taboo you are a pro !
  14. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Brawo!
  15. Join Date
    Feb 2004

Well I feel that the flower vase is too small plus the refraction of the water doesn’t look like that. Try looking at a glass with water and you’ll see that the refraction makes the object look 180º different than what you have. I might not know how to do it, but I sore know how it looks. :wink:
  16. Join Date
    Jan 2004

xerife,
    i more or less got what you mean, but really this is how much i can get closer to it.. there are so many asumtions about the water in the glass situation, but really there is no good solution for that in my platform so far... (Vray & 3dsmax)... and i am using the best one i assume.
    i keep the flower vase that small because first of all, it will not be the main object in the compositon and second, i want to have a ballance with the negative and positive areas in the scene... you will see what i mean until i manage to model the flowers... (i am sure it will take time cause i will put some details ), but maybe i will zoom a bit.. who knows.. let me do the flowers...

xerife, btw.. can you pin point me how the refraction suppose to look... it 1.333 and should look right.. i have the same vase at home, and it look about (90%) the same... i really dont understand what you are talking about... do you mean the top surface of the water???

Thanks for your good comments..
  17. Join Date
    Jan 2004

i worked hard on this water in the glass thing, still couldnt figure out the best way... i gues this is okay... (the caustics also refracts correctly this way.)
    Please let me what you think guys.

18. Join Date
    Sep 2003

gryyy..... make me hot
  19. Join Date
    Jan 2004

wow :shock: your vase is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
    waiting for the flowers
  20. Join Date
    Sep 2003

nice render. great bricks in background
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Page 1 of 3 12 ... 3 | LAST
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff