4. Join Date
    Jun 2020

Amazing Work. i just like it.
  5. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Thanks a lot guys
  6. Join Date
    Dec 2011

Hello, how did you achiave that the growing IVY isnt too dark...? Everytime i use ivy (i use the old pluginy growivy for 3ds max), and then render it all the ivy, its leaves and surroundings are TOO dark... i have to use various tricks etc. to try to make it look more natural- not so dark ("tricks" like using vray double sided mat (dont even know if that helps) - in vray object properties i increase the GI the IVY (leaves) receive... or/and i putt additional lights affecting only the ivy... etc... and/or in photoshop i have to brighten etc. the IVY leaves...

I have never (i think) received OK looking ivy (lighting wise) from default... always have to use some "tricks"... how did you achiave that your IVY looks ok... did you do any such "tricks" to it too?
  7. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Quote:
    Originally posted by: mikcikgodon
    Hello, how did you achiave that the growing IVY isnt too dark...? Everytime i use ivy (i use the old pluginy growivy for 3ds max), and then render it all the ivy, its leaves and surroundings are TOO dark... i have to use various tricks etc. to try to make it look more natural- not so dark ("tricks" like using vray double sided mat (dont even know if that helps) - in vray object properties i increase the GI the IVY (leaves) receive... or/and i putt additional lights affecting only the ivy... etc... and/or in photoshop i have to brighten etc. the IVY leaves...

I have never (i think) received OK looking ivy (lighting wise) from default... always have to use some "tricks"... how did you achiave that your IVY looks ok... did you do any such "tricks" to it too?

Hi, there is nothing special and no tricks, the only thing you need to be careful is to use 2side material for the leaf. For my case, I used Vray2SideMtl with grey translucency. I hope this is useful to you.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff