1. Join Date
    Apr 2018

VRay distributed rendering GI/reflection issues

Hey guys, having a problem I've not seen before, hoping somebody can help me out. Using 3DS Max 2018, VRay 3.60.04, distributed rendering. This is a still image, not from an animation. Using Irradiance Map and Light Cache. I don't know if the image attachments worked, but images from render can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/dJHN5

I'm getting different GI and Reflection results from the nodes on the network. The GI is not actually blotchy, this image renders perfectly when I render locally. Also, the GI issues seem to happen all over the image, but the Reflection issues only seem to be affected in areas of dark reflection. Specular is not affected at all. All the research I've done suggests pre-rendering the Irradiance Map and saving it for distributed can fix this problem, but it did not. The materials are very simple, a map for a bump and a falloff for reflection. Anybody ever come across this?
  2. Join Date
    Apr 2018

Well turns out the problem is that we have a mix of Intel and AMD machines on our farm. Will be contacting Chaos Group to see if there is a solution, unless anybody here has a suggestion. I also tested Brute Force as the primary engine and had the same issues.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff