DownHill

This is my entry for the Car contest of Hum3D.

Is a tribute to an Iconic Car on an Iconic City.
    I wonted to reproduce the "BULLITT" city, rided by a modified 65 Mustang Fastback, that jumps down from the hills near the Coit Tower.

I create an unreal street of San Francisco, ispired me by the union of some real place, more or less should be at the corner from Greenwitch St and Stockton St.
    The car is a Modified 65 Ford Mustang Fastback of a classic Bullitt Green (I know that the Bullitt one was a 68' but I love the 65 model).
    I used some Vray aerial prospecive to simulate the San Francisco enviorment tuirbidity, that still in summer.

I paid a lot of attention at the composition of the image, the car position, the angle of the wiev and some details positioned are due to a matching of the composition

Comment are welcome, thanks to all

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013

Nice one, but I`m missing some motion blur here, especially on the tires which do not seem to be rotating at all... Anyways, nice shot, keep it up!

Quote:
    Originally posted by: gaze1ne
    Nice one, but I`m missing some motion blur here, especially on the tires which do not seem to be rotating at all... Anyways, nice shot, keep it up!
    I used some Motionblur on wheel, if you zoom it you can see (better in whireframe, cose of the dark color in render), just a little because i serched for some image of car that shooted in Jump and i see that the wheel are more slow then on road (not sure why) probably because the driver take of the feet from the Gas pedal on fly, if you look at the Ken Block image of Jimkana in San Francisco you can see it by yourself, here the link:

https://www.freshnessmag.com/.image/...ancisco-00.jpg
  4. Join Date
    Feb 2013

Hmm, on second thought, maybe this occurs because you would need quite a high shutter speed to capture a car that fast nicely, flying in midair, it kinda prevents moblur from happening... Still I find it would give the Image a bit more sense of the car being so fast, you know?
    Still, great attention to detail!

Maibe you have righy, I was in dubt when I published the image, to add a car Mblur or not......I'm still in dubt hehehe

BTW Thanks for your opinion and suggestion.
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff