1. Join Date
    Dec 2016

Green isle afloat in a sea of steel and glass

I've been thinking about this one for quite some time now and finally decided to join. This will be my first Evermotion Challenge and I'm a bit concerned about time at this point as it is hard for me to find the time to work on projects like this.
    The basic idea is relatively simple, we'll see a beautiful, lush, inviting garden in the foreground that is protected from the hostile, futuristic city in the background by a wall. It's a clash of two worlds. The outside world, the mega city outside the wall has absolutely no idea that such beauty even exists. So far goes the basic idea, check out the mood board images.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_01.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	570.6 KB 
ID:	173061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_02.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	822.7 KB 
ID:	173062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_03.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	173063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_04.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	173064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_05.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	173065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mood_Board_06.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	444.2 KB 
ID:	173066

Thanks to Evermotion for putting on this challenge and the best of luck to all participants.
  2. Join Date
    Dec 2016

A real quick doodle I made to further illustrate my idea. I think I will leave it at this one concept sketch for now as I'm very eager to get started in 3d. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CONCEPT_SKETCH_sm_01.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	173156
    Main software will be 3ds Max with V-Ray. I also plan on using Forest Pack quite a bit. Ivy generator should get some action and of course photoshop.
  3. Join Date
    Dec 2016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	concept_sm.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	173322
    A few first steps in 3d, I have to say though, I anticipate some changes
  4. Join Date
    Dec 2016

Spent some time working on the base terrain for my garden and wanted to share my process.
    I start with elevation lines, making sure that lines that intersect in top view actually share the same 3d coordinates. Then I attach everything together.

Name:	ELEVATION_LINES.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	173601
    To turn my line work into a mesh I use the Populate Terrain plug-in (http://populate3d.com/products/terrain/)

Name:	POPULATE_TERRAIN.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	632.6 KB 
ID:	173602
    To separate different surfaces I extruded the outline of the areas that I need separated and ProBoolean with Imprint ticked. This just adds the outline of those objects to my base terrain mesh.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOOLEAN.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	394.2 KB 
ID:	173603
    All that's left to do is to detach the areas from one another.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DETACHED.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	173604
    And finally the perspective.

Name:	PERSPECTIVE.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	173605
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff