1. Join Date
    May 2007

" UnderGround " - Evermotion Challenge 2016

Hey guys,

After a really long time, i might try to put some effort on this competition. IŽd been thinking for some time now about this and i really wanted to try out something a bit different than the usual. I cannot stretch how much i love sci-fi, alien type of things. The Architecture of such spaces like the ones in Prometheus, Alien etc just give me goosebumps. The scale you can put and the size is just two of the things im aiming here.

I cannot resist frontal and one way perspective. This scenario is all about recreating life. We probably are underground on some alien terrain. A huge space is been used as a "lab" for reproducting nature. The whole green dark ambience is what im thinking about. We have kind of an evolution of the process, from the cylinder starting machine, to the reality of the actual trees. Those cylinders almost are a similar reference to the classic alien egg. There is a silent, humid, atmosphere with the high contrast of the environmental light coming from openings on the top. Probably the sides of this space will be carved out of the existing stone.

Anyway, my thoughts are too many...but im putting a simple basic ref image board and something i worked today as a starting point.
    Hope you like it..hope i like it in the end too!!!

Cheers,
    Thomas
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secret Garden_03.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	929.2 KB 
ID:	172014

Name:	UnderGround - Basics.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	172015

2. Join Date
    May 2007

Hey guys,

Some more updates on the scene. It is still a rough 15 min render ( thumbs up for Corona Denoiser).

Basically, im still focused on the architecture of the space itself. The idea is that this is something like an underground huge facility, where nature is actually being used for something like an energy source. Those artificial lights serve as a light source for the whole chlorophyll process. Still the space connects with similar spaces right and left...so actually this is just a part of the whole structure.

Still i have to start making more sense on the details between all the elemnts, but the general mood as a base can be seen already. Maxon C4d and the great almighty CoronaforC4D.

Keep you posted guys,

Thomas
    Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Secret Garden_06.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	886.8 KB 
ID:	172978

You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff