1. Join Date
    Oct 2015

Secret Garden Challenge 2016 - SamH

Hi all!

Just saw the challenge post today on Evermotion! How exciting and great theme! So far, I have a few themes in mind which I will have to sort out during the research phase.

A few directions to go:

1. The Garden of Eden: with a classical painting look, something made of fantasy and dreams, romantic and idealistic on the surface but perhaps something under all that beauty?

2. Scifi Garden: Mankind progressed to live in space and other planets of the solar system. We have developed high-tech futuristic garden that satisfy both our need for food, leisure and a place for mental retreat

3. Good 'ol simple garden in my grandparents' cottage in the country side. When I enter the garden in the morning, I can feel the sunshine on my skin. I can smell the sweetness of the flowers and fruits. My mind is dancing with the butterflies courting in mid-air from bush to bush... I can feel the soil on my finger tips, the freshness of the water.....

That's probably enough ideas to go off for now. Hopefully in the coming week, I can put together some mood boards, references, etc...
    I will probably start with a few different rough ideas and then cut down. I do have about 2 and a half month to produce 1 image
  2. Join Date
    Oct 2015

So it's been quite a while, I have been developing the concept for this challenge and I got carried away .
    I wanted to create something mystical, kinda creepy. Initially, I had the idea of stumbling upon a mystical tree where creepy but beautiful women grow on it, and I went on to paint a few concepts... and finally arrived at the concept where the audience accidentally stumble upon a beautiful woman in a magical lake/forest/garden.
    Haha, I got quite carried away so I guess I really gotta start the modelling now
    Attachment 173546
    Attachment 173547
    Attachment 173548
    Attachment 173549
    Attachment 173550
    Attachment 173551
  3. Join Date
    Oct 2015

I have always been fascinated by classical sculptures of people, that's why I decided to include a human figure in this garden theme piece but have the figure blend in and become part of the scene.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArisaemaTortuosam.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	173557

Name:	DSC_0100.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	173558

Name:	YAKUSHIMA-FOREST-JAPAN.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	173559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exotic_rain_forest_flower.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	439.9 KB 
ID:	173560
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff