1. Join Date
    Aug 2016

3D design software for my brother

Hello everyone,

My brother started playing a game you all have probably heard of "Mine Craft" when it first come out in 2011, and to be honest i am amazed at he landscapes, buildings, out side fun parks you name it he's built it. Then about a year ago he turned around and said how interested he is getting in game design. Now i have no clue about it so bare with me. It is my brothers birthday coming up soon so i want to get him his first game designing software. But i don't know where to start??? i have been searching online 3D animation software classified ads sites, for sale sites and googling and i am still as clueless as i was in the beginning. That's why i am here to get as much information as you can all share with me!! What are the best software systems for beginners??

Examples
    Quest
    Flixel
    Adventure Game Studio
    Stencyl
    Construct 2
    RPG Maker VX Ace
    Twine
    Game Salad
    Unity
    Game Maker: Studio

This will be a great start into a fun future for my brother hes got talent and a massive imagination. Any information will be greatly appreciated

Example image below of the kind of things he can do

_77605094_0210fd28-5f8b-41dd-a621-5558830c0316.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by Animationnewbie; 2016-09-05 at 06:14 AM. Reason: More information
  2. Join Date
    Aug 2016

As it turns out i have played with a few and watched some YouTube tutorials, the Game Maker: studio software seems pretty good and has everything a beginner will need to succeed in the 3D animation world

For the readers
  3. Join Date
    Jan 2018

Oki thanks Ani for list. Contect to me if you need a web design service.
  4. Join Date
    Feb 2019

I just wanted to know at which age did he started to use MIne Craft. And what happened that changed his mind that as he was do great landscape and building design.
  5. Join Date
    Feb 2019

Wow, i like it!
You need to be logged in to leave a comment. You don't have account? Register now.
Best of Evermotion
The best works from the Forum Gallery picked by Evermotion staff